1.    #1  
    Has anyone used the Seidio quick-release holster? I know from earlier threads that the first models had a few issues that supposedly were corrected.
    I am currently using the Brookstone leather case, which is great. However, I would like something that gives me easier access.

Thanks,
    Zane
    I have to first admit that I'm a case freak. As of this post, I have about 9 cases for my Treo. Yes I have a problem. Always in search of, never satisfied - you guys know the drill.
    My most recent purchases were of the leather slip-in mode, and the Brookstone and Belkin ones were the models that I've been using for the most part. Good and bad points for both, but the main thing I didn't like about either was the velcro cover over the top thing.
    I'd been contemplating cutting off that fold over part, so as to be able to just slip the Treo in. Well, I came up with a interesting solution - my company uses Blackberries for the most part (I'm the lone holdout), and I'd noticed that their leather cases are just the slip-in pocket kind, with no fold over the top. I got our IT director to give me an old old one (and I mean OLD - it has a metal belt clasp thing, and it's kinda beat up, but free) and the Treo works great with it. Slips in, kinda snug, easy access to the top, for silencing the ringer, etc. Headset port accessible, albeit a little tight where the case has elastic on the side.
    All around - a winner. It's a little larger (mainly wider) than either the Brookstone or Belkin, but thinner, and overall lower profile.
    So this is the solution I've come up with for now. If anyone knows of a similar slip-in case a la the Blackberry, I'd be curious to know of any.....
    Ah thanks for reminding me of the BlackBerry case. I briefly tried the case on the Treo a few months ago when I had a loaner. It was a bit tight and not a perfect solution so I never ordered one for myself.

However I do have the Brookstone case and the velcro was bugging me so I cut off the flap. Was ok at first but now the fit is too loose and it falls out if I lie down etc.

I'm going to order a BlackBerry case if I can find a cheap one. It's pretty high quality. I can't remember if there were any issues with it though, such as it pushing the jog dial or stuff like that.
    I have the Seidio holster and like it generally. It holds the Treo very nicely. But, one big problem - the belt clip is too narrow. If I am wearing a thin, dress belt (like for a suit) it is fine. But if I am wearing a sports belt, like with jeans, that is somewhat thicker, the belt is too thick for the clip and so does not hold on. Earlier this week, I was cleaning up my garage and when I bent over, the holster slid right off my belt and hit the garage floor. Luckily, I have not spotted any damage. Seidio should really correct this and make the clip a bit wider. That is my only compalint. I do love being able to use the device without removing it from the holster.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the input, guys.
    I have had a quick release clip on a previous phone and liked it, so Seidio it is.
    Zane
    I've kinda changed my mind. I searched around for BlackBerry cases, and I found them for like $20-$25 no problem. But I also found the old style that nrosser mentioned, and it was made by Teski. It's like $19 with the metal clip. I had the newer style with the plastic clip.

Anyways, I think now I'm going to get the sideways Teski Treo case that's reviewed on here. I kinda wanted it before but was put off on it not having a magnetic clasp, but rather a snap. But what the heck, I guess a snap will do and I think the sideways nature will keep my kidneys from being microwaved.

Well I tried to order the Teski but their web site refused all my credit cards. I must have tried at least 15 times from different machines/browsers. Now I have to call to make sure they aren't sending me a truckload of them. Sheesh.
    Last edited by potatoho; 05/21/2003 at 11:38 PM.
    i had a seido holster, and it was great, until the nub broke off...manfac. defect, as it was not put under any undo stress. Been waiting 8 weeks for a replacement, which is a pain. they were vey fast before when I needed a belt clip replaced, but of late the customer service needs some improvement.
    Originally posted by mikec
    i had a seido holster, and it was great, until the nub broke off...manfac. defect, as it was not put under any undo stress. Been waiting 8 weeks for a replacement, which is a pain. they were vey fast before when I needed a belt clip replaced, but of late the customer service needs some improvement.
    I had the same thing happen to me last week. I emailed Seidio about it, and after waiting 5 days, finally called them today. They told me I needed to fill out an RMA request which I did today, and now I have to wait to see if they will take care of it.

To be honest, it be easier to order a new one for $25 versus the hassle this is developing into.

David