1.    #1  
    Voice Command works so well I can't think of using anything else for dialing and besides Treo is far too big use while driving or walking for that matter. I have read all the threads on a one button solution and nothing quite works for Voice Command.
    For now I am using the JogDial to launch a Voice Command speed dial which I moved to the first position. Pressing the JogDial doesn't work reliably. Too long and it calls the last number dialed (OK if it was voice command but . . . A screen message prevents any button push. TapDial won't let you use * so it doesn't work. Has anyone found a reliable solution?
    Adam West
    I use the solution you use and it works great for me. On press of the jog wheel gets me into voice command every time. Perhaps you have a problem unit.
    I've used "TapDial" for 6 months now and it is exactly what you're looking for

Make a "TapDial" for Voice Dial it creates an icon in the Main App, once that is done you can assign any button to it

Good luck

saul
  4.    #4  
    How did you make tapdial use *
    Sprint uses * for Voice Command which tapdial won't do.
    Adam West
    If the jog button doesn't dial the entry when you press the button, you probably installed an app that conflicts with the speed dial app (possibly Ringo?). It works for me.
  6.    #6  
    The jog button does dial but it has multiple functions just like other Treo buttons. Push too long and it dials the last number that was called. It is far too easy to hold the button down a little too long especially when you are driving. It may just be practice but I want to have something that will bypass all the popup notifications etc and just dial Voice Command EVERY time I push a button.
    Adam West
    OK, am I the only one who gets a "Fatal Exception" every time I try to edit the Voicemail speed dial button while wireless mode is turned on? Before you say, "Just turn wireless mode off," I get a dialog box when doing so, telling me that the Voicemail speed-dial can't be edited while wireless mode is off.

Help?? I've got a nifty new Plantronics headset that I'd like to set up for easy interaction with Voice Command.
    Originally posted by northward
    OK, am I the only one who gets a "Fatal Exception" every time I try to edit the Voicemail speed dial button while wireless mode is turned on? Before you say, "Just turn wireless mode off," I get a dialog box when doing so, telling me that the Voicemail speed-dial can't be edited while wireless mode is off.

Help?? I've got a nifty new Plantronics headset that I'd like to set up for easy interaction with Voice Command.
    Don't edit Voicemail button, move it from the first position, and create a different button in the first position.
    From Goobar:

Don't edit Voicemail button, move it from the first position, and create a different button in the first position.
    Doh! I didn't realize that you could drag those around. Thanks!