Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I replaced my TREO 300 due to System Errors last week. Sprint replace it for free and shipped in one (1) day Good service.

While having both phones I did some checks and found that the new phone Speakerphone was substantially better and volume control was much better and the overall flip portion seemed to have a tighter hinge. I also check the new phone against a friend and again found the speakerphone volume superior that my firends. We checked with a sound meter at all volume settings.
    Although I performed no scientific tests for volume and such, I also found my replacement to be much improved in terms of overall fit and finish. No hinge wobble, nada (and that really bugged me with my first one).
    I'm also not going to subject this unit to the indignities of the Handspring plastic holster/paint remover device. Nothing but leather holsters/pocket things now, babeeeee..
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    By coincedence someone in my office got his replacement one month ago and also is stating the volume and unit case improvements. At one conference he went to CE Bit or Mobility a Handspring rep indicated that a batch of units was issued 6 months ago that corrected some manufacturing deficiencies???
    Originally posted by veroi
    I replaced my TREO 300 due to System Errors last week. Sprint replace it for free and shipped in one (1) day Good service.

While having both phones I did some checks and found that the new phone Speakerphone was substantially better and volume control was much better and the overall flip portion seemed to have a tighter hinge. I also check the new phone against a friend and again found the speakerphone volume superior that my firends. We checked with a sound meter at all volume settings.
    I TOTALLY agree. The refurbished 300 I received two days ago from sprint is substantially better than any of my 3 previous ones from Nov/Dec. Tighter hinge. Louder and clearer speaker for regular and speakerphone. Feels more solidly assembled.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Stop by the Sprint store this morning to get something else address and I was talking to their Rep and metion my findings he was not surprised and he stated that this was known that the 2003 batch was improved!!!!???? and he also stated he did not know about any ROM upgrade.

I took advantage and went to the Verizon store down the street and checked out the Kyocera 7135 and the Samsung I700. Both units are quire impressive.

KYOCERA 7135:Even tough it seemed big whe I saw it, it felt good in my hand. The flip phone construction feels great and the speaker phone I believe is better as I compared it with Improved Treo 300. Screen looked nicer than the Treo but maybe it was the brightness settings. MP3 Player and SD nice. The only thing that I did not like was the Eudora Browser. As I can dial the phone #'s pretty fast with the key pad I did not mind the graffitti.

Samsung I700: Awesome form factor, talk about a screen!!!!!. The Phone and Pocket Features seemed well integrated, the speaker is on the back of the unit, it seemed to be louder than both Treo and Kyocera. One thing I really liked is that like the unit was activated I was able to browse the Net experience is the same as with Blazer but I was able to stream radio and TV ( FM 93.5 UK and BBC) that made the experience super awesome.Supposely Sprint will have this unit. I will wait and see but I can tell you I know feel depress with my Treo.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I am happy to report that I can now have my TREO 300 in the office with the volume at 3 bars and at 5 bars I can hear my phone in the car while driving on highway.

This was never possible in the previous units that I owned or in similar units that my friends have right now.

I hope someone can confirm what improvement was made???
    I got mine from microcenter, it broke i called spcs they sent me a new one overnight and everything you are saying is right. it does have a better speaker and hinge

glad I didnt have the replacement program because they you would be stuck with a $40 deductable,

I got mine free
    Same thing here, needed replacement no charge by sprint and hindge and better volume and a little heaver unit.
  9. dre
    Am I missing something? Sounds as if Spint service did something right. How long did you free replacement guys own your Treo's for before replacing them? Who did you call. Whenever I call Sprint service, the service I get can't fairly be called service. What gives and who do you know personally? (But then again, maybe it is me. I might be someone who Sprint loves to hate. )
    *2 then say your phone is broken

did i lose u?
    what if the car charger is the only one broken
    How does one tell if one's treo has the stronger hinge and the better speakerphone? Can one tell by the ESN number on new units?

How are refurb units marked if at all? Is the box marked "refurbed" or is the phone marked or both?
    how do you guys get a free replacement?