Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I admit it. I paid $750- so you know how long I have had it. The screen died in the first three weeks. I had some IM software that hosed the whole system. It is not as robust as any of my three Nokias, my Motorola StarTac or my Palm V. The battery life sucks.

I will gladly trade it for a 600 but for nothing short of that. I will probably pay a huge premium for the 600 and wait months for GPRS support. I can hardly wait.

It is like Churchill said of Democracy, "It is a terrible system except for all the others."

When you lead you bleed.
    i prob spent a lot of money driving to the service distributor here, in Singapore.....and lots of time...

however they were nice enough to give me a new replacement everytime it had problems.

dropped calls and battery which wouldn't charge are the main problems most of the time...

they are indeed lemons, i oughtta get a new treo600 replacement for my woes....

Handspring, do you hear that????

The phone on my 270 has never worked well, and I just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it because I'm not a very heavy phone user. (Of course, it's probably a chicken-and-egg thing; I'd be a heavier phone user if it worked!)

The basic problem is that when I'm able to get on the network (which generally works fine when there's sufficient signal strength in the area), the phone almost never stays on the network by itself for more than a few minutes. It seems like it can't deal with switching to a different cell site. I always lose my network connection when I get off the subway, or even walk from place to place. Or just sit in the same place for a long time. The screen shows two bars of reception, but if anyone calls me, they go straight to voicemail. And I'm unable to make calls myself. The phone freezes up for ages--I generally have to do a soft reset.

I bought my phone in June 2002 through Handspring; my service is with T-Mobile. Does anyone have any advice on how I might fix this problem? Does it sound like something that downloading the radio patch would help? Would I be able to get a replacement from Handspring, or have I waited too long? Any help would be much appreciated.
  4.    #24  
    Like you, my latest Treo 270 has just become wonky on the phone. I am the orignal poster of the thread, and this is my third Treo with T-Mobile! It rarely syncs up with the phone network. I have tried numerous soft resets. Tonight, I am going to backup and try a hard reset to see if it corrects the problem.

In general, call T-Mobile and ask for their wireless data group. They are incredibly nice on the phone and will gladly send you a replacement Treo for free as long as you are still within the 1-year warranty. I am fearful about what will happen once my warranty has expired. I fear I will be buying a Treo 600 sometime next spring -- the first time the unit dies after the warranty expires. I only hope that Treo QC will be better by then.
    ive had my 300 sinde like they started making em LOL...its the original and its old...its gotten good use to it and i personally love handsprings products...i would trash it and get a new one since the warranty ran out years ago...but id much rather wait for the 600...its going to be an amazing change in the treo series...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  6.    #26  
    Me again -- now the hinge just broke. So it's off to get my fifth Treo 270. I decided against upgrading to a 600 right now because the prices are still high - double what I originally paid for my Treo 270.
    Quote Originally Posted by gglockner
    Me again -- now the hinge just broke. So it's off to get my fifth Treo 270. I decided against upgrading to a 600 right now because the prices are still high - double what I originally paid for my Treo 270.
    Great value though. I only had two 270's. Would you like to buy mine as a spare?
  8.    #28  
    I would say it's expensive and not a good value. It is, however, cheaply made.
    Quote Originally Posted by gglockner
    I would say it's expensive and not a good value. It is, however, cheaply made.
    Have you held a 600? Nothing cheap or shoddy about mine (or any of the others I have held.) Considerably higher quality than my 270 and a little higher quality than my Nokia 8890. (Ny 8890 is in the south of France with a student.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12