1.    #1  
    I'm wondering...does anyone have a car kit for the Sprint Treo 300? I see that there is a German company making a handsfree kit that is due out in the US sometime soon but I really just want something to hold my Treo other than the seat or console. I would like to have it up and out of the way and useable while in the holder. Any suggestions as to where I can find something to fit the bill?

Thanks....Mike
    Believe it, or not, but I picked up a universal mount at Radio Shack. Its a very snug fit at first, but now that I've had it a few months the foam padding has compressed to the point that it now a good fit. My neighbor also bought one for his Treo. The nice thing about this particular holder is that the cut outs are in the right place for the charger cable and the rocker switch on the side. It sell for about 20 bucks.
    Wow, that sounds like exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!
    Check out the proclips, they rock!!

http://www.proclipusa.com/
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Hey. look you millerhifi ..... stop posting about these neat Treo gadgets, my husband is getting ticked off

Since I picked up my Treo on Friday I've already added a Freespeak and just ordered a Proclip.

Uh, you don't have any snazzy software advice do you (I won't tell him who I heard it from).

Thanks, BTW....

JT
    Originally posted by jtardiff
    Hey. look you millerhifi ..... stop posting about these neat Treo gadgets, my husband is getting ticked off

Since I picked up my Treo on Friday I've already added a Freespeak and just ordered a Proclip.

Uh, you don't have any snazzy software advice do you (I won't tell him who I heard it from).

Thanks, BTW....

JT
    Hmmm what else can I recommend........

How about LauncherX, Verichat, Avantgo, Vindigo, Powerjog and and and ............
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    HiFi,

I checked out Pro Clip version. Does the Treo fit tight? How easily does it come out of the holder?

Jnjewlz
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    It fits perfectly. The tolerences are precise, no play at all it just slides in and out of the holder and is snug.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    As others have mentioned on this thread, I just bought the Handspring Treo 300 holder from proclipusa.com -- and IT ROCKS!!! Probably the best PDA accessory purchase I've ever made in my life! I love it! It fits the Hangspring Treo 300 perfectly -- it slides in and out like a charm, yet still holds the Treo snugly. The flip lid opens and shuts perfectly... I absolutely love it. This new holder makes it super-easy for me to talk on the speakerphone in the car. I HIGHLY recommend proclipusa.com. Any questions, just ask.
    So, to mount my Treo in my Honda Pilot, I would need to purchase both the ProClip Dashboard mount, and the ProClip Treo holder ($30 + $35 = $65)? That's what I gathered from a quick look at the web site.

(BTW: Their "See Video" page pretty much locks up my WinXP / MMP 9 setup. Anyone else able to play the video?)
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Originally posted by bnystrom

So, to mount my Treo in my Honda Pilot, I would need to purchase both the ProClip Dashboard mount, and the ProClip Treo holder ($30 + $35 = $65)? That's what I gathered from a quick look at the web site.
    Yup. It's a bit on the pricey side compared to a universal holder from Radio Shack, but the fit and finish is really good.

My advice is to mount it up high on the dash. I have it mounted up high in my mom's car, and I find it much easier to reach and use (though aesthetically less pleasing) than in my car, where I have it mounted low on the far side of the center console.
  12.    #12  
    I bought the Radio shack version and it works great...angles to the exact position I need and everything still plugs in great. Plus, I hate the thought of drilling into the dash of my Mercedes to mount the other models
    Originally posted by mikebush80
    Plus, I hate the thought of drilling into the dash of my Mercedes to mount the other models
    That's the beauty of the proclip......
    There is no drilling required!
    And the holder is made for the treo specifcally, but to each their own!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    1. Started w/CD player mount .. the kind w/platform and flexible post (bolts to passenger seat bracket).

2. Since I keep my 300 in a belt clip case .. I drilled 2 holes .. into the platform. 1 at the size of the belt clip button .. the other, a bit lower on the platform .. the size of the "inner" shank portion of the button case (where it attaches to the clip)

3. I attach the Treo onto the modified platform .. I attach the driversfone system to the Treo .. and there you go!

The driversfone speaker is at my left shoulder by the headrest .. the microphone (moveable) is positioned just off my right shoulder. I have the switch (for the driversfone) .. just to my right, near by "shifter".

The phone "rings" .. I open (flip the lid) .. hit the switch .. I'm good!

Works great!
    One more thing about proclipusa.com: It says on their website that the ProClip people have worked directly with the car manufacturers to provide mounts that fit perfectly into the tiny gaps and grooves that already exist in your car! I love this idea! No drilling necessary -- I "popped mine" into my Saab in about 30 seconds installation time, and it is totally snug and feels so sturdy that it feels like the mount was part of my car's original equipment. The great thing is that whenever you sell your car in the future, you'll just be able to "pop it out", without there ever being a sign that there was a mount installed. Really ingenious. Plus, if you ever get a different-sized PDA, you just have to buy the 2nd piece to match your new PDA.
    While what I build ISN'T as portable as the proclip .. I can move it (re-install) it from car to car.

My challenge w/proclip .. is that my car is too OLD.

Has anyone ever considered modifying the Treo Cradle for car use? I'm thinking of mounting the standard Treo docking cradle to a ProClip so I get a holder, as well as charging, and connectivity to my upcoming GPS install...

Proclip for my Infiniti G35 Coupe:
    http://www.brodit.se/images/853094-3.jpg

Plus

http://handspring.speedera.net/www.h...b_300_xlrg.jpg
    Check out dspires post at the following link. He did something similar to what you're looking to do. There are a couple of pics too!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...r&pagenumber=2
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone