1.    #1  
    change the default options so that when I open the lid, I see the standard Palm home screen rather than the phone book? thks
    Originally posted by acugirlnyc
    change the default options so that when I open the lid, I see the standard Palm home screen rather than the phone book? thks
    Four suggestions:
    First do a search. This answer has been given oh so many times before.
    Second, use the correct forum. This is not Treo 300 specific.
    Third, use a descriptive subject line.
    Fourth, TreoButton or Buttons-T will solve your problem. Search on Palmgear.com for them.
    kurt's gettin' sarky, kurt is...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  4.    #4  
    one, no need to be curt, Curt. Two, my apologies for offending your self presribed treo-quitte. Three, sorry I don't have your looooong and extensuve experience on treocentral to know this question has been answered b4. No need to bite.
    I wasn't biting. I seriously had 4 suggestions. If I really were genuinely upset, I wouldn't have answered the question, right?
    I am with Kurt. This post was insenitive at best. Put the subject in the subject line.
    If you don't like the subject line, don't click on it.
    Originally posted by WFTarHeel
    If you don't like the subject line, don't click on it.
    I want to help out the new folks, though. Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.
    How thoughtful of you.

The new folks are lucky to have you around.
    Originally posted by acugirlnyc
    First get Buttons-T and install it. Then go to system>pref>buttons-T>click on lid icon>select "applicatons".

Also, don't feel too bad about some of the snippy remarks. The boards here are awesome and the regulars are actually very helpful and knowledgable. I guess its just part of the "inititiation" here to be scolded to do some searches before posting! (it was done to me as well when I 1st got my treo ) Anyhoo, I would heartily recommend doing the seraches b/c sometimes you find tons of great info that you didn't even know you needed or even thought of when mining thru posts...

good luck
    If the goal is to be able to quickly go to various other apps, you might also try this solution:

First go to your Palm software store of choice (either palmgear or handango will work, or whatever you want).
    Run a search on 'hack'.
    Grab a hack called 'switcheroo' - it allows you to define a combination of keys that will launch apps quickly. So, in my case, I press the Blue Key + Space Bar, plus alpha letter (you can define up to, I guess, 26 choices) to launch an app. It works from any other app, and is awesome. No need to go back to the main app launcher home screen.
    So -I press Blue + Space + U - takes me to Undupe.
    Blue + Space + P - takes me to Passwords Plus.
    Blue + Space + C - Calculator
    and so on and so on.

Note that Switcheroo, as with any hack, takes "HackMaster' or another similar hack launcher. I love hacks. Some will cause issues, but with a little trial and error, you'll be fine. I've used them for years and years. Give that method a shot and see what you think.
    You can get both HackMaster and Switcheroo from Palmgear - both are free.