1.    #1  
    Okay, what are the main differences in these two? I know that the screen is a big difference, but what are the real other benefits of the Treo 90 over the Sony SJ22? Just wondering...I guess that I am just wanting conformation that I got the right thing!!
    I don't have either of them, but I would consider the keyboard to be a major difference.

Geoffrey
    gmaugham says:

"I don't have either of them, but I would consider the keyboard to be a major difference."

Plus the fact that there are so far no clip-on keyboards that
    work with the SJ22.

I was originally looking at buying a Sony Clié TG50 and
    opted for the Treo90 instead, since it was on sale for less
    than half price and has, IMHO, a better thumboard.
  4. jke
    After doing the same searching your attempting - I bought the 90 for the following three reasons,
    1. No mem stick free to use what ever card I want
    2. Flip cover no need to buy a case
    3. All ready a happy HS user (Prisim)

the Sony is a nice unit but for what I needed, data entry. The 90 was was lot less expensive and fit the bill. Read CNET's review.
    Having owned both the Treo 90 and the Sony SJ-22, hope I can offer a bit of help with this one...

The Sony's screen is far superior, that's for sure. It's a high-res (320x320), 16-bit screen with those nice, sharp fonts that make everything look nice and perty. However, the screen's not perfect; I found the bluish cast (which makes reds look very "blah") to be quite annoying, for one thing.

The Sony also has a jog-wheel, which is extremely nice for one-handed operation. I miss it terribly on the Treo, although I understand why Handspring didn't include it.

The Sony also has a better software bundle, and some of the changes to the OS (like tapping the battery to get the time left on your charge) are quite useful, if not terribly revolutionary.

That being said, the Treo 90 also has a lot going for it, with the keyboard being the most obvious benefit. It's just a lot faster for inputting data, especially if you're unfamiliar with Graffiti and don't care to learn it.

The shape of the 90 is also more appealing, and anyone who's ever held both in their hands would more or less agree with me. Because Handspring made the 90 a more contoured PDA (the Sony is very angular), it appears to be even less thick than it is. Plus, it fits a little more comfortably into the hand because of it. The Sony unit just feels clunky, even though it's not. It's all a visual perception kinda thing.

There's other things that *I* appreciate more about the Treo (it can take a punding, the flip cover is great, prefer SD over MS), but not everyone has my tastes, so it's hard to argue those as benefits or weaknesses; but you get the point, at least.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Originally posted by pathfinder62
    I was originally looking at buying a Sony Clié TG50 and
    opted for the Treo90 instead, since it was on sale for less
    than half price and has, IMHO, a better thumboard.
    I totally agree; the TG50's keyboard just isn't quite as intuitive as the Treo's. I've found that Sony seems more interested in this "industrial design" styling that they use on their PDA's more than actual usability, and the keyboard on the TG50 is an obvious example of that!
    The 90 is also SDIO compatible, which means you can stick cameras, bluetooth and wifi cards in the SD slot. MP3's, GPS, Modems, etc will be available for the slot, but they've been slow in getting to market.

In a recent speed competition the 90 beat out all other Palm input methods. I think the speed was 85wpm. If you need to input a lot of data without attaching a full size KB, the 90 is tops.

Kevin
    Do you know if the 90s slot will take a bluetooth card & would that allow it to communicate with my T68i to Browse/e-mail & text message as I can at the moment on my Treo 270 ( please don't ask why I should "downgrade" it's a long story). does it come with blazer & one-touch e-mail?
    Cheers
    UK,

I can't speak for experience since I've never used my 90 with Bluetooth, but from all I've heard it is compatible with Bluetooth SD cards. (You might check the 90 forum here for more on this.)

In the US at least, the 90 comes with Blazer and One-Touch Mail. (Though I'd recommend SnapperMail. It's well worth its cost.)

Kevin
    Thanks for that, its either a TG50 or a HS90 based on all the negative comments on the TG50 keyboard then HS90 it is. They are still on sale in te UK at a 1/3 the price of a TG50.