1.    #1  
    About a week or two ago, I seemed to stop getting notifications after a new voicemail. I get the little envelope icon, but I don't get that page that uses the whole screen to tell me that I just received a new voicemail. So the effect is that I check my voicemails thinking maybe I have 1, and instead I find out I have 5 or 6 new ones which have arrived in the prior several hours. Is anyone else experiencing this??
    I find i only get that notice if my mailbox is completely empty. if there is already an email in the box, the notification does not come and messages pile up. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know!
  3.    #3  
    I'm really interested to know if others are also having this problem?? (besides the 2 of us on this thread). Thanks!
    I have noticed this too recently. Disturbing...
    I'm not sure if this helps, but there is an issue sometimes with Sprint's voicemail system. It's not Treo specific, it's Sprint specific.

Sometimes, the voicemail icon won't go away, and sometimes the voicemail icon doesn't show up. The way I correct it is I call from another (landline) phone, create a voicemail on my Sprint account. Then I call from the other (landline) phone again and check my voicemail (press * when you hear your voicemail message), listen and delete the message, then press * until Sprint's voicemail system hangs up (don't hang up early, whether on your Sprint phone or on the external line calling your Sprint phone, let Sprint hang up on your call).

This seems to have fixed things for me.

The only other issue might be that you have some software which is overriding that feature on your phones.
    Sorry if this seems obvious, but have you tried turning off Wireless Mode for a while, then switching it back on. I had a similar problem a few months ago, and the first thing the Sprint tech asked me was whether I kept my phone on 24/7. I realized that I did, switched off Wireless Mode for a couple of minutes and switched it back on, and I immediately received notification of all my queued up voicemails and SMSs. He said you're supposed to toggle the phone for at least 30 seconds each day.

Having said that, on another occasion I had major problems with my voice mail stemming from a serious misconfiguration on SPCS's end that took weeks to get sorted out. But, it never hurts to try the simple things.
  7. jmw
    Originally posted by bram
    Sorry if this seems obvious, but have you tried turning off Wireless Mode for a while, then switching it back on. I had a similar problem a few months ago, and the first thing the Sprint tech asked me was whether I kept my phone on 24/7. I realized that I did, switched off Wireless Mode for a couple of minutes and switched it back on, and I immediately received notification of all my queued up voicemails and SMSs. He said you're supposed to toggle the phone for at least 30 seconds each day.
    Ha! "supposed to toggle the phone for 30 seconds each day"!!!!

What the sprint rep really means is "our network is a piece of crap and we don't know how to fix it. Turning your phone off each day is something you should NEVER have to worry about, but because we suck so incredibly badly, we'll act as if this is the most obvious thing in the world, and pretend that everyone should be happy to accept it as a fact of life".

That said, however, i haven't had that problem *nearly* as much in the last year as I had previously. At least they are improving.