1.    #1  
    This may have been discussed before but can someone tell me of a way to check your Hotmail account. Also, I have Eudora mail. I want to be able to check my Hotmail with it also. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THX
  2.    #2  
    By the way...I'm not a newbe, so please keep the sarcasm to a minimum for such a newbe type problem. Just something I couldn't find an answer to from other posts. THX
    You can't get the Eudroa mail to work with hotmail. Use the url
    " http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx " with Blazer.
    Good luck, Matt Burkhard

Do a "search" for more info on this:shortcut:
    What ...did you just buy this today or something. You must be a newbie ....

Just play'n with ya

That should work(above) for ya
    I found this thread too. I used "hotmail" as the search string.http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...hlight=hotmail
  6.    #6  
    HaHa. Very funny :-) Thanks for the info.
    No problem man!

I use to have to put my email addy in the log-in box as well as my password to get into it each time. I even created a "short cut" for my email addy to make logging in faster.

However today I noticed that my addy stays in the box now (like when you use a PC to access Hotmail) and all I have to do is put my password in. I wonder if this is new, or I just had "an error behind the headset"?
    Anyone notice this or have any info? Thanks, Matt
    Burkhardi,
    Nope I havent noticed that. If I use Blazer I still have to put in adress and password. However eudoraweb remembers me every time. I dunno what's up with that.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    No problem man!

I use to have to put my email addy in the log-in box as well as my password to get into it each time. I even created a "short cut" for my email addy to make logging in faster.

However today I noticed that my addy stays in the box now (like when you use a PC to access Hotmail) and all I have to do is put my password in. I wonder if this is new, or I just had "an error behind the headset"?
    Anyone notice this or have any info? Thanks, Matt
    It saves my settings also. Pretty Kewl!!!
    Predator, Did you know you can setup the account that when people in your "hotmail contact" list email you (or fit a certain filter) , that the treo will SMS you and tell you to look at your email and it also says who it from. Regards, Matt Burkhard
    Pretty cool IMO
    The best thing I've seen for hotmail on the Treo 300 is 2bAnywhere . I love it! It allows me to manage three hotmail accounts independently from one client. It downloads them locally so I can read/respond while on the subway.. very cool.

To expand on Burkhardi's thought on the SMS, hit mobile.msn.com and set up your device. You can have M$FT SMS you when you get a hotmail (special filters can be set up for only being notified on a subset of messages).

Also, you can have other events SMS you: Stock activity, traffic reports, sports results, weather, horoscope, etc. Sorry for sounding like a commercial.

Hope this helps!
    How do you find your EIN and IP address to allow you to register for 2bA
  13.    #13  
    I actually like this mobile Hotmail site much more than the normal one. It has a much cleaner look and feel and is not burdened by all of the other junk no one cares about anyway. And it's great that I don't have to enter my user name and password everytime I connect. It saves them for me. Fantastic!
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Predator, Did you know you can setup the account that when people in your "hotmail contact" list email you (or fit a certain filter) , that the treo will SMS you and tell you to look at your email and it also says who it from. Regards, Matt Burkhard
    Pretty cool IMO
    Yeah, this was one of the first things i set up when I first got my Treo. Only thing was I could not go directly to the new email directly from the sms notification. Maybe someone will write a small program for this.
    Also, I tried to set up Eudora to check my Hotmail account. Didn't work. Most people that have Hotmail accounts have the free one that is only accessible through the web site. Myself included. Eudora checks for POP mail servers. Hotmail only allows use of there POP mail servers for people willing to pay for the extra space they offer. Sorry but Hotmail is not that important to me to be paying for it. I only use a fraction of the free space they offer. Just thought it would be nice to have one mail client to take care of all of my email needs. Oh well...