1.    #1  
    I've just downloaded Snapper and want to set up the Sprint Mail Server as my outgoing mail server. What is the Sprint Mail Server and do I need to do anything special at the Sprint site to set it up.

Thanks,
    Wayne C.
    Hi Wayne,

The information on Sprint mail servers is readily available all over these discussions and can be found with a simple search plus, there are also very clear, detailed instructions at the Snappermail website.

http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#13
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    http://susandennis.com
    To receive use pop.sprintpcs.com. To send use smtp.sprintpcs.com

Works great! You will love Snappermail!
    Has something changed over the past few months regarding smtp.sprintpcs.com?

Last year when I tried it, I was able to send my mail with my usual "from" address. Now it complains whenever it isn't username@sprintpcs.com. Quite useless.
    Originally posted by potatoho

Last year when I tried it, I was able to send my mail with my usual "from" address. Now it complains whenever it isn't username@sprintpcs.com. Quite useless.
    Have you tried putting your normal address in the reply to field of what ever program you are using?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

After doing email testing of late, it's clear that SPCS has changed the email system so that it checks to see that the email address in the From line of the email is a sprintpcs.com address. If it is not, the email is rejected and not sent.
    Originally posted by enagel
    After doing email testing of late, it's clear that SPCS has changed the email system so that it checks to see that the email address in the From line of the email is a sprintpcs.com address. If it is not, the email is rejected and not sent.
    So it's not just me, good. I don't understand their reasoning for limiting it like this. They already have smtp-auth, so why force users to use a specific email address.

I've done the reply-to thing in the past with other devices, and I'm not going back to that. I used to get questioned all the time from people on which email to respond etc. I'd like to avoid that situation to say the least.

So it's not just me, good. I don't understand their reasoning for limiting it like this. They already have smtp-auth, so why force users to use a specific email address.

I've done the reply-to thing in the past with other devices, and I'm not going back to that. I used to get questioned all the time from people on which email to respond etc. I'd like to avoid that situation to say the least.

potatoho,

put the explanation in your sig.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    SprintPCS can't hold a candle to the service provided by FastMail. I've tried several. You really need to check out http://www.fastmail.fm

For only $20 per year you can have IMAP/POP3/Web access. (Snapper only supports POP at this time.) FastMail will also allow Snapper to retrieve the attachments and SprintPCS will not. SprintPCS only tells you there are attachments on their server. FastMail is the best email provider around.