1.    #1  
    when i open my treo 300, it always goes to the phone menu, i'd rather it open to the palm os desktop. anyone know how to get it to do that?
    From the "Prefs" app, select Buttons-2 ( or Buttons-T).
    You can assign an application to be lauchned by the opening lid.

Default is Phone, you can select "Appl." if you want the "Application" desktop to be opened.
    Personnally I selected "None" so when I open my Treo it's still displaying the last application I used.
    Best regards
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    When setting the lid-open event to launch Applications, it will act as though the Applicatons button (option + cmd/applications) were pressed. This will toggle the Applications screen to the next view (All -> Games -> Main etc.), if you left it in the applications screen when you turned it off.

Is there a way to get around this?
    Last edited by Rusty J; 05/15/2003 at 03:28 AM.
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
  4.    #4  
    hmmm . . . I dont see a buttons-2 or t. All I have in the preference app is buttons. it only allows me to set my shortcuts keys on bottom of keyboard. Any ideas? thanks in advance. it gets frustrating for the treo to go to the phonebook everytime i open it.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Buttons-2 is (or at least is on my Treo 270 with OS v.3.5.2H5.6) in the Preferences application, drop-down tab on the right, between Buttons and Connection.
    I don't know whether this is available on the 300.
    (I originally posted without noticing that this is in the Treo 300 section; apologies if this doesn't apply to that model).
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    You can download it here:

http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...m?prodID=40595

It's not an included app on the 300 and wasn't on the 270 either pre-gprs models.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    TreoButton is also very good with the Treo 300 although I don't know how different it is from Buttons-T or Buttons-2.
    Can I set the phone to default to the dial pad. I didn't see a way to do that
    "treoscreens" is an app that potatoho created. It will do what you want.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ht=treoscreens
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone