1.    #1  
    I have a Treo300 with SprintPCS and have a question about shortmail. From most my friends, I get SMS fine. But from some friends who have other cell phone providers (especially T-Mobile), the SMS comes through as SHORTMAIL!! To me, that means, I only get a notification that shortmail is available and I have to browse a web site to read it, which is a pain b/c sometimes I can't even connect to the sprint site.

So, shortmail comes via SMS that shows it coming from
    shortmail@oneboxmail.builk.sprint and I have to browse to
    http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do?alert=true

I guess my question is: is there any solution not to have those
    SMS from T-Mobile to come to my phone via shortmail? And if I'm stuck with shortmail, is there a utility that automatically fetches it for me instead of having to browse to a site that rarely works!

Thanks
    Sorry in advance for sounding snippy, but...

This has been covered more times than I've had birthdays. Please do a search on shortmail, SMS, etc.

Thank you.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by huycat

I guess my question is: is there any solution not to have those
    SMS from T-Mobile to come to my phone via shortmail? And if I'm stuck with shortmail, is there a utility that automatically fetches it for me instead of having to browse to a site that rarely works!

Thanks
    In fact there is a utility that does exactly that. Indeed it is possibly the most paid for software on the Treo300. It's Treo300SMS, but please please please in the future do a search, especially when the question seems as important as this does. Odds are it's been answered before. If you have additional comments on the topic, post to that thread and it will be bumped to the top.
  4.    #4  
    You are right. The applicable thread is found

here

I did in fact try to do a number of searches and couldn't convince myself the topics were exactly related to mine. It's strange that when I searched for 'smwl' and a few other terms related to the shortmail link, the search ended up empty. Yes, I found the exact terms in the above link. Perhaps just user error.

Some of these threads are so long that it actually changes topics a number of times. A little confusing, but I guess I didn't have the patience at first.

Thanks for setting me straight.