Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to install a software package that would enable Grafitti input on the Treo 300 screen. I find I really miss Grafitti. Plus some of the keys on my 300 don't work anymore. I will eventually file a claim with the product replacement plan, but right now I don't want to have to go thru all that, if I could just get Grafitti installed on my 300 somehow. Is what I'm asking even possible?
    Either "RecoEcho Plus" or "Jot", both from http://www.cic.com/
    NewPen. It's free.
    Originally posted by alex_mathews
    You can get RecoEcho Plus free.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/183-1.htm
    Damn! I didn't know this! I spent $10 on RecoEcho!
    seems I cant find RecoEcho Plus for free on the handspring support site? Am I wrong? Or looking in the wrong place?

I have a new Treo 300. thanks
    seems I cant find RecoEcho Plus for free on the handspring support site? Am I wrong? Or looking in the wrong place?

I have a new Treo 300. thanks
    In the story I linked to in my post above, there is a link to Handspring. You're supposed to enter your serial number off the Treo 300 for verification that you own one.
    Actually, it appears like this free offer from Handspring expired a while ago. It is no longer available for free anymore.
    I called Handspring and asked about the free RecoEcho - the woman who took my call said that if I purchased it for $10 from the link from their site, that Handspring would send me a $10 refund. Didn't seem to me to be worth the trouble or risk...
    ... it hasn't expired yet. It was a five day demo and it's been most of a month since install. Maybe it's silently free? As a graffiti user since I had a newton in the early 90s I was happy to find recoecho and will pay for it if I have to. Anyone try their other products? Wondering what their word completion product is like.

Mark
    FYI, I believe that RecoEcho doesn't play nice with SnapperMail's periodic polling. I switched to Newpen but discovered today that it was triggering my drop-down menu in Blazer (for some reason) when I was writing some text, so I'm going to try a couple of the other options to see if they fare better for me.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Where did you find RechEcho? I went to CIC's website and all I see to download is JOT and it's $39.00 - that stinks and I really need grafitti - I'm really good at it and faster than the keyboard. I've tried newpen and it just didnt' do it for me.
  14.    #14  
    Is there a trial version of RecoEcho anywhere? Also does it require that Graffitti be already installed on your Treo? Does the Treo 300 have Graffitti installed? I was interested in Jot until I saw the price. I'd be willing to pay $10 though for RecoEcho, but want to try a trial first. I looked on the CIC website and the product isn't mentioned anywhere.
    I could be completely messing up the facts here, so please forgive me if I do, but I thought that RecoEcho was free to Treo owners. I think you have to download it from Handspring's site. If memory serves, RecoEcho also didn't play nice with SnapperMail's auto-fetch feature (or perhaps it was the other way around). Newpen is free and works fine with SnapperMail. However, if you don't have a need for SnapperMail (or, at least, the auto-fetch feature), I'd suggest you try them both to see which you like best.

To be honest, as much as I like Graffiti, I never could get to like the idea of writing Graffiti on the screen, because it felt weird writing on top of real data. Also, Newpen gave me some trouble sometimes where it would sometimes treat my Graffiti writing as if I was selecting something on the screen which would screw things up. As a result of these two things, I rarely if ever use it, though I sometimes would prefer Graffiti over the thumbboard.

Scott
    Well, I just did a quick search on the forums here and it looks like the consensus is that RecoEcho is no longer available for free for Treo owners. As I mentioned, though, Newpen is free and may work well for you. Go to http://www.palmgear.com and search for it there.

Scott
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by Scott R
    As I mentioned, though, Newpen is free and may work well for you.
    Well I installed Newpen and enabled it and it does nothing. I go back to my other question, doesn't this require that Graffitti be installed on your Treo? My Treo 300 does not have Graffitti installed. Is there anyway to get Graffitti installed on a 300? I may have to breakdown and pay the $39 for Jot. I tried the demo and do like it. I just wish it was about $20 cheaper.
    Originally posted by WolfpackFan
    Well I installed Newpen and enabled it and it does nothing. I go back to my other question, doesn't this require that Graffitti be installed on your Treo? My Treo 300 does not have Graffitti installed. Is there anyway to get Graffitti installed on a 300? I may have to breakdown and pay the $39 for Jot. I tried the demo and do like it. I just wish it was about $20 cheaper.
    Graffiti support is already built-in. If Newpen didn't work for you, check the following:
    1) Launch the Newpen app from the application launcher. Make sure the big "Enable" button is selected. I would also recommend turning off all of the check boxes on this screen except for the "Draw Stroke" option if you want visual feedback.
    2) Now, launch your memo pad app (or any app you want to write with). Position your cursor on a line. Then, on the lower left corner of the screen is a little box. Tap on this once to activate on-screen Graffiti. Now, write to your heart's content. When you're done, tap on the little box again to turn off on-screen Graffiti.

Scott
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Everybody says that it's free for Treo owners, but I went to the Handspring web site, put in my serial number and it's not offered as a download?

Can't even find it on the CIC site at all?
    nora, as I mentioned a few posts prior, RecoEcho is no longer available for free. You'll need to download Newpen from http://www.palmgear.com

Scott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast