1.    #1  
    Finally... a new version.

In this release: Visor Phone support, finally!

Lots of other miscellaneous things added, including an Edit Menu, and better handling of messages outside the application.

SMS Chat

PalmGear link
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:18 AM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I installed v1.2 over 1.2beta. I got a fatal error on receiving the first signon sms. A soft reset worked fine and then v1.2 seemed to work fine. I updated my buddy list and all my buddies reappeared after receiving a bunch of sms.

The only thing not working is the ability to cut text or delete text.

Still a really nice app with a tiny footprint of only 18k!!
  3.    #3  

The only thing not working is the ability to cut text or delete text.
    Are you trying to cut and delete from the conversation or the input area?

Right now, you can only cut from, paste to, and edit the message input area. You can do "select all" and "copy" on text in the conversation, though.
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:18 AM.
    Actually, I want to be able to clear out the conversation area. It can get quite long. It would be nice to be able to select to clear out this area for an individual buddy or for all buddies.

Thanks,

Joel
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by joelforman
    Actually, I want to be able to clear out the conversation area. It can get quite long. It would be nice to be able to select to clear out this area for an individual buddy or for all buddies.

Thanks,

Joel
    That's something I have planned. Right now, the conversation can't get TOO long, it cuts off at 1000 characters. I'm planning to get rid of this limit, and give the ability to clear them out.
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:11 AM.
    Anybody getting "There was an error registering with SMS library" upon starting an application?

I have TreoHelper also running, but I have disabled treohelper SMS functionality, and did a soft reset without solving the problem.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by goobar
    Anybody getting "There was an error registering with SMS library" upon starting an application?

I have TreoHelper also running, but I have disabled treohelper SMS functionality, and did a soft reset without solving the problem.
    What model Treo do you have, and what's your service provider?
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:11 AM.
    thought you stopped since quickchat 3 was released. Glad to see the new release. Has anyone tried the new quickchat? How does it compare to sms chat (which I love)?
    Still impressed with v1.1

I just installed v1.2b yesterday (reviewing old posts this weekend), and what do you know, a full release was ready.

Can't wait to give it a try.
    Originally posted by metsfan

What model Treo do you have, and what's your service provider?
    Treo 300 with Sprint
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by goobar

Treo 300 with Sprint
    SMS Chat doesn't work on the Treo 300. Sprint doesn't offer the same AIM over SMS service that T-Mobile and AT&T do. I'd recommend checking out VeriChat and Chatter for AIM on the Treo 300.
    Originally posted by metsfan

SMS Chat doesn't work on the Treo 300. Sprint doesn't offer the same AIM over SMS service that T-Mobile and AT&T do. I'd recommend checking out VeriChat and Chatter for AIM on the Treo 300.
    Thanks.
    Can someone give me a link to Chatter for AIM?

Thanks!