1.    #1  
    I am new to the Treo. When I go on-line, the wireless web stays on after I switch back to the phone. Is there a way to turn it off so it does not drain the battery without turning off the phone and restarting it?
    Short answer. Read the manual.

Slightly longer answer: Go into the Prefs app and Network. Hit disconnect.

Just because you are connected doesn't mean you are using (significant) battery. If you are connected and the arrows above the signal strength indicator are green, then you are definitely using battery! Use TreoHelper to more accurately control all this.
  3.    #3  
    Where do I get the software?
    Originally posted by jlazarus
    Where do I get the software?
    Check out this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=33249
    No real reason to turn off the data connection - think of the Treo as having DSL. It's always on, man! Unless you're actively transmitting (as stated previously), with the arrows as green, you're not adversely affecting battery life. So - the whole point with the Treo and Sprint's data network is that you're not having to dial up - it's always there. Use it!
    i also prefer to tunr my connection off, even though i know that theoretically you don't have to. i have blazer set to automatically disconnect on exit. so either it disconnects itself if that's what i was using, or when i exit whatever other program i was using on the web, i just start blazer and immediately push a hard button which causes blazer to exit and disconnect.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i also prefer to tunr my connection off, even though i know that theoretically you don't have to. i have blazer set to automatically disconnect on exit. so either it disconnects itself if that's what i was using, or when i exit whatever other program i was using on the web, i just start blazer and immediately push a hard button which causes blazer to exit and disconnect.
    Why?
    As soon as I turn on wireless mode I have my data connection fire up immediately and stay on all day. My battery is fine and I don't have to wait for it to reconnect if I want to send an email or something... That is the whole reason I have the unlimited data. I am spoiled.
    I do this as well, but I find that Sprint disconnects me anyway after about 30 mins of no use
    llynx,
    How do you get data to turn on as soon as you start wireless mode?
    Thanks,
    Bruce
    I have a low signal (0 to 1 bar) at my workplace, so if I leave the data connection on, my Treo continually seeks to connect, and the battery drains. Even when I plug it in so that battery drain is not a problem, either the connection drops, or the Treo gets very warm and the data arrows stay green for extended periods of time.

Also, I keep getting logged in and out of chat sessions, and the chat servers hate that.
    Originally posted by nyy7
    llynx,
    How do you get data to turn on as soon as you start wireless mode?
    Thanks,
    Bruce
    Go the app screen and select pref. Once in the pref of the Treo, go to the drop down menu at the top right, select "Network". Once the Network screen pops up showing your Vision user name and a spot for your password, tap the word "Preferences" at the top left. Now tap the word "options" and select "preferences" in the drop down. A window will pop, check the box and click ok. Now everytime you turn your Treo on, if will log onto data right after it finds the network.
    Thank tou, Howensby!

Bruce