Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Is there a portable printer available so that can print email from my Treo 270 when I am in my car? Thanks.

Kirby
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Most portable (laptop) printers support IRDA printing of data beamed to them. They aren't cheap, though. I've seen small printers that use rolls of thermal paper at Fry's, but don't know if they are available through other channels.
    Getting your mail application to beam individual mail messages out is probably the biggest obstacle - you may need to copy and paste into a memo, then beam the memo out.
    -Rusty J
    Treo 270 on AT&T (GSM/GPRS)
    Treo 90
    Micro Innovations IR keyboard
    HP Deskjet 450Ci printer
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Thank you Rusty J. I did find a printer. http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_im...1/10277801.jpg It is a POCKET PRINTER A6. Available in black or blue. Uses sheet paper or roll. It is $91.99 on buy.com.

Kirby

The Pocket Printer A6 is a compact and lightweight mobile printer perfect for the on-the-go business professional. Easily print from your Palm Powered PDA or notebook computer. Featuring wireless infrared connectivity for use with infrared enabled devices, the Pocket Printer A6 is ideal for mobile computing. Print directly to the printer without using cables. And for non-infrared enabled computers a serial port is also included.
    There are no ribbons or cartridges to replace. Using advanced thermal technology; the Pocket Printer A6 provides reliable, trouble-free operation. At less than 14 ounces total weight (with batteries), the printer is light enough to carry everywhere you go. Get high resolution, continuous tone memos, addresses, to do lists, mail or date books from your Palm powered PDA using the included I/S CompleteŽ IrPrint (TM) driver. Or use with your notebook computer to quickly print contracts, presentations and spreadsheets anytime and anywhere

Providing maximum portability and ease of use, the Pocket Printer A6 uses continuous feed paper or single sheets. A roll of SiPix high-quality paper is included with each printer. For power, the printer uses 4 AA alkaline, rechargeable batteries or the included AC adapter. The energy saving feature saves power by automatically shutting off the printer after 3 minutes of non-use. Available in both solid black and translucent cool blue, the Pocket Printer A6 is the ideal mobile companion.

Features

Infrared wireless and serial port connectivity provides maximum versatility
    Ultra-slim, compact and battery powered, goes everywhere you go
    Thermal technology for reliable silent operation
    No messy ribbons or cartridges to replace
    High resolution, continuous tone for high quality printouts
    I/S CompleteŽ IrPrint (TM) application software (a leading software developer for the Palm OS, designed and optimized specifically for this printer
    1-Year Limited Warranty
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    That's the printer I saw. Thank you.
    - Rusty
    I saw this SiPix PDU printer for 39.99 on www.compgeeks.com.
    I have not tried one, but like to try this one.

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PPA6-BLU
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Wonderful. Now you tell me. I just received mine from www.buy.com. I paid $133.00 for the printer, 2 boxes of paper including shipping. Even though I did pay a lot more for it, it is awesome!!! I highly recommend it. Although I don't think it works with Palm OS 5. I installed the program on my wifes Zire 71 and couldn't get it to print. I didn't try very hard either.

Kirby
    I was going to buy one of these today, but I just spoke to SiPix and was told it's not compatible with OS 5. He wouldn't commit to it being compatible in the future, although he said there should be a driver out somtime.

Since I'm considering dumping my Treo 300 for a Tungsten C, or at minimum will upgrade to the next Treo, I'd rather not buy a device that may not work with my new hardware.

Geoffrey