1.    #1  
    I am right on the verge of buying a Treo 300 but have lots of questions. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm debating whether to buy from CC or a Sprint store.

I was leaning towards CC b/c I can get it cheaper and b/c of the warranty (they have one left - an open box). But am not sure now after going today.

The guy in Circuit City told me they (treo 300s) were discontinued b/c the new model should be out in 2 months. Is that true?
    Also in CC, the guy told me if you buy the $60 Protection for 3 years, it's only good for one replacement (which seems contrary to some things I've read posted here). Then you have to buy the protection again if you want it. Is this true?
    (And if they aren't carrying the treo anymore, what happens when a replacement is needed?)

If that's the case, would it be better to just get the sprint coverage through either place, which also covers losing it, too, I think?

On the other hand, the Sprint Store person said he would give me the $200 off right in the store (so you don't have to worry about mail in rebate problems) and also waive the activation due to good credit. (would I have to pay activation through CC?)

Any input/feedback is appreciated?
    Your looking at an instant rebate of $200 plus no activation fee? Heck, I would go to Sprint in a heart beat.

I have had my Treo 300 for about 6 months and enjoy using it everyday. I would do it over again. The value is absolutely there.

The CC sales person may be right or not. No one has the corner on good support either pre-sales or post-sales. Just go ahead and buy it and enjoy it. And if another comes along in two months just remember why you bought the Treo 300 in the first place. This design is a good one no matter what. Just do it. You wont be sorry. I haven't been.

Good luck!
    Rees
    Originally posted by zxcvb
    I'm debating whether to buy from CC or a Sprint store.
    go CC wit Extended warranty
    Also in CC, the guy told me if you buy the $60 Protection for 3 years, it's only good for one replacement (which seems contrary to some things I've read posted here). Then you have to buy the protection again if you want it. Is this true?
    True - but the warranty is pro-rated. Thus if you decide to "trade it in" after 1 year, you'll get 40 of the 60 bucks back.
    (And if they aren't carrying the treo anymore, what happens when a replacement is needed?)
    you're given a gift card in the full amount of what u paid + a pro-rated portion of your warranty for anything you want to purchase in the store. You dont have to get a phone - u can get a dvd player if you wanted.

On the other hand,the Sprint Store person said he would give me the $200 off right in the store (so you don't have to worry about mail in rebate problems) and also waive the activation due to good credit.
    yah - only thing you can opt for thru sprint is the product replacement warranty for like 5/month.
    (would I have to pay activation through CC?)
    last i know - there is no activation fee by sprint. all activation is done thru sprint by the way.
    www.bubblespeed.com
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Sprint's activation fee is now $36.00, so that's another savings.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the input. I went to CC last night to actually buy the Treo and it fell through. I was going to buy their last one which was on display (open box discount) plus get them to price match officemax (110% of difference) who has a 100 instant rebate right now and walk out with a STEAL (after the sprint rebate, too). they were unable to locate the box, though, software or any periphs. so they didn't sell it and said they wouldn't be carrying anymore.

Does anyone know when you buy from circuitcity.com if you can still buy the warranty and if they will price match with a local store and all that?

And if so, do you just go to a local circuit city or do you have to ship it off for service, replacement, etc.

If you can't do that stuff, what about OfficeMax. Anyone familiar with OfficeMax's warranty? Is it as good or similiar to CC's?
    Originally posted by zxcvb
    [B]Thanks for the input. I went to CC last night to actually buy the Treo and it fell through. I was going to buy their last one which was on display (open box discount) plus get them to price match officemax (110% of difference) who has a 100 instant rebate right now and walk out with a STEAL (after the sprint rebate, too). they were unable to locate the box, though, software or any periphs. so they didn't sell it and said they wouldn't be carrying anymore.
    it may not be a bad deal for u to get the open box unit for a good price since u can get all the peripherals on ebay for dirt cheap. The manual is available online as is all the software u would need. Then you could get the extended performance warranty too.
    www.bubblespeed.com
  7.    #7  
    Could I still get the $200 sprint rebate if they don't have the box for it??

It seemed like he (cc guy) was saying something about not getting the rebate without having the UPC bar code.
    umm - i'm not sure - i dont think u need it. But you do need to be a NEW sprint pcs customer. If you're currently a sprint customer, you won't be eligible for the rebate.
    www.bubblespeed.com
    where did you see the officemax rebate? That is a good idea to get CC to match.

Thanks
  10.    #10  
    I'm not sure if it is a regional thing or something or not but it was in Sunday's local newspaper sales ad (florida) for Office Max which is good through tomorrow.

a $100 instant in store rebate and then the 200 mail in with sprint.
    I use to rep for Apple at CC and if you buy the display model you can get them down even lower then that. I just bought a digital video cam, display model retail was $699 and got $200 more off. Any item they have priced that ends with .96 is the store code for discontinued. You can pick up cords etc. on eBay.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    You may want to check the double rebate offer at Amazon.com
    Click HereAmazon
    i bought my treo a few days ago at circuit city in nyc...i brought in a page I printed off microcenter.com which offered the treo at 399...cc price matched me at 110% (the place you're price matching against has to have a physical store near the cc). I will send in the rebate form for 200 bucks to sprint..so all in the cost will be 189 plus tax. I didn't realize I should have tried to get the initiation fee waived...durn. I love my treo so far and my sprint internet service is fast.