1.    #1  
    I read that RealNetworks announced today software and a system for mobile device users to stream content and music.

http://www.realnetworks.com/mobile/player/index.html

However, right now it is created ONLY for:
    Pocket PC
    Nokia 9200 Series Communicators
    Nokia Series 60 Phones (3650, 7650)
    Palm OS 5 Based Handhelds

Especially note the last one. Our Treo 300s with the Handspring-modified Palm 3.5 OS are left in the dust!

-pseudomass
    There is no way you'd ever get quality streaming on a Treo. Why would you even expect Real to support a dead OS?
    Streaming video is what I'm really looking forward to in my next Treo....quick weather, news, and sports highlights clips. I don't have TV, so streaming video is the only video I get!

If the processor, screen, and speaker doesn't allow for decent video/audio, then I may have to look at one of the PocketPC's (i700).
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    If Sprint is having issues with people using their Treo 300s as wireless modems, wait until their users start connecting to streaming media from Pocket PC devices! (And that's just Sprint - other carriers's bandwidth is more expensive.)
    Bandwidth isn't free. Unless the carrier is willing to eat the costs, customers will probably be in for a rude surprise when the first bills arrive - or at least when contracts start coming up for renewal.
    Nice idea, though.
    Rusty J.
    Treo 270 on AT&T Wireless
    Treo 90
    Micro Innovations IR Keyboard