1.    #1  
    i have a visor neo and am looking for some software that will show me a LIST of the week's appointments, with the ability to only show appt that are filed in a certain category.

i've tried myweek and it's nice, but i just want a list by week. datebook+ shows a list of all appt and stuff, but as stated i only want to see 1 week.

does this piece of software exist?
    Try Agendus by Iambic. It has a list view you can configure be week. Not sure if you can sort by category because I do not really use categories except in my To-Do's. But check it out, it is a very versatile program.
    Datebk5 has a weekly view, a three day view, a two week view, all with icons if you want.

also, a list by category or by icon (for example I put a birthday cake on people's birthday's but don't "waste" a category on "Birthday's" b/c number of categories is limited by Palm). I can go into the list view and have it pull up all of the appts with the cake icon.

Also, hi-res icons, yearly, monthly views, awesome support by the developer and a helpful user's group at Yahoo.

Finally, "Saved Views" are very powerful. for example, I have one called "Out of Town" which shows my overnight trips (bed icon), my day trips (car icon) and any days the office is closed. This feature is limited only by your imagination.

Have I sounded enthusiastic enough??

Try the following
    Pimlico: http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com

Other USEFUL LINKS AND WEBPAGES FOR PIMLICODATEBK
    -------------------------------------------
    Post a message: pimlicodatebk@yahoogroups.com
    Unsubscribe: pimlicodatebk-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Previous messages (view/search): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pimlicodatebk/messages
    DateBk4 FAQ: http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/datebk4faq.htm
    DateBk5 FAQ: http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5faq.htm
    DateBk Cookbook: http://how.to/datebk-cookbook
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Have I sounded enthusiastic enough??
    You really need to learn to speak up and not beat around the bush, K.C. If you've got something to say, say it; don't keep it to yourself.

As far as the original post, I have to second K.C.'s comments regarding DateBk5. After all, it's the big brother of Datebook+ and contains numerous customization features that should be able to do what you want (and then some). I've been using DateBk on my trusty VDx right from the start and have been very pleased with it.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    ok - you sold me

i'll be ordering it from handango as soon as i figure out which launcher to purchase as well...

thanks!
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    You really need to learn to speak up and not beat around the bush, K.C. If you've got something to say, say it; don't keep it to yourself.
    I am a shy and demure gal!!
    Originally posted by cyber_ops
    ok - you sold me

i'll be ordering it from handango as soon as i figure out which launcher to purchase as well...

thanks!
    I love Launch'Em, but you're gonna get lots of advice on this. I posted some enthusiastic comments about Launch'Em in another thread---

You're gonna like Datebk5, but don't be intimidated by the insane number of features. Just use what you need at first and add features to your repetoire as you go. The manual is lengthy, but is further evidence of the quality of the application and the developer.

P.S. Purchase of the app goes to support a non-profit organization, Gorilla Haven.
  8. jke
    I am a long time Datebk fan (since version 2?) any way before you buy why not take advantage of its 30 day free trial? I also would recomend Agendus's 30 day trial and see which works for you. The new version of Agendus will do what you want, I switched after a trial because of the ease of use. Not a steep learning curve at all.

Launch em is no longer around, but if you do a search above in discussion you'll find lots of advice. I use Launch'm right now ( have been for 4 years and it's great. I've been testing Launchers that can support my sd card. Launcher X is leading my prefence but, the supports problems I've read about make me nervous.
    Good Luck
  9.    #9  
    i thought agendus had more stuff than i wanted (like contacts). but i just d/l it and will try it out as well

i was going to start a new post about launchers, but since we've taken this one in that direction...

"the search for the perfect launcher..."
    -it doesn't exist

my testing has been on a visor neo - so some of this stuff may work on others HS products.

* Facer - hard lock
    * Yishow - hard lock
    * ZLauncher - screen shots look nice, but can't see anything on the neo. i tried changed the color depth to 4 or 2 and it gave me an error about a theme not being loaded... but it was *shrug*
    * Silverscreen - nice eye candy, but don't like that I can't change the 4 big icons at the bottom
    *Megalauncher - very high on my list. the big icons on bottom have more options which is nice.
    * Launch'em - played with it a while back, can't remember why I changed... maybe i'm fickle :P i'm gonna give it another try.
    * Launcher III - nice, free, but no scroll bar
    * LauncherX - looks nice, but too many support horror stories. not that i would actually NEED support, but from word of mouth that i've read i wouldn't pay for it.

from everything i've seen ZLauncher looks like everything i want... IF i could get it to show up in BW or 4gray scale mode.

If there are any other launchers that would work well on my neo i'd appreciate feedback.
  10.    #10  
    ok - i know that was some fast testing... but i know what i like

agendus is nice, but i'm going with datebk5 for the single reason that i can reset the week number. my company starts fiscal year different than Jan1 so being able to set the week # to something different than normal is awesome.

i'm not plucking down plastic for a launcher quite yet... want to get a little feedback from others. but very high on my list is mega launcher. i like the idea that i can point and hold, and change anything i want about a program... name, category, delete, etc.

i realize the launchers i mentioned before are probably very good... on color. but some don't even work on a grayscale neo - just lock up the pda when you try and launch them.

tanx.
    I've tried Datebook 5 but it is waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for my simple mind. I like the layout of Agendus better and for what I use it for ... it suits me perfectly.

I think that Datebook 5 actually has TOO many options. It is overwhelming.

However, I have to admit, I don't really like the To Do's in Agendus and have actually gone back to using the Palm To Do feature. And with 3 kids and a busy household I am crushed if I don't keep on top of my To Do's. Does anybody have a better To Do program that they might suggest? A standalone works best for me because of all the categories I have set up and how I need to track so many projects at once...

Thanks.
    I'm a busy lawyer. I've tried several calendars and launchers. I like to keep it simple. I like hotdate and launcher III. Both are freeware.
  13. jke
    Launcher III is no longer around,Launcher X replaced it. Try today it's free ware and is a good way to display to do's
    I got launcher III at freewarepalm.com recently, so apparently you can still download and use it. Also, I tried today, but like hotdate better. But that's just my opinion.
  15. jke
    Do you have a link? I searched freeware and couldn't find it. I'd love to have that program but, thought they had pulled it.
    Thanks
  16.    #16  
    handango still has launcher3

just do a search for

"launcher and iii"
    (yes that is 3 i's)

it has a nag screen that pops up every once in a while, but other than that seems fine.

i like that launcher3 is free and has vfs support... the only thing i don't like about it is the fact there is no scroll bar... just scroll up and down buttons (i prefer to drag the scroll bar so i can get to the top or bottom of the list quickly)
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by Llynx
    I've tried Datebook 5 but it is waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for my simple mind. I like the layout of Agendus better and for what I use it for ... it suits me perfectly.

I think that Datebook 5 actually has TOO many options. It is overwhelming.
    i can understand that... but for me i just use the stuff that i need and leave the rest of it alone

the way i see it eventually i may need that stuff - and if so, i already have it with the investment i've made into palm software so far i don't forsee me moving to pocket pc since most programs work on bw or color then i'll still have good stuff when i upgrade.

unfortunately it will be a while till i upgrade... my plan is that my next pda will be a communicator. why pay for palmnet AND for a cell phone. i'll get a cell phone with built in pda and have best of both worlds. unfortunately my contract isn't up for a year... but my neo works fine, and by that time there will be a lot more better (LOL) stuff.