1.    #1  
    My hinge broke. I'm not a happy camper.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Bummer, did it happen after a drop, or just normal open/close? Still under warranty I presume?
  3.    #3  
    Yup. I was just walking along, opening up my phone as I always do, and a little piece shot out and down the sidewalk (I looked for it but it was lost).

I went to the Sprint store and explained what happened. The first guy I talked to basically said "tough luck man." He went to talk to his manager who admitted (don't know if he was making this up or not) that the same thing had happened to him. They grabbed a new one (not a refurb--they were out of those, but since I'd called ahead and specifically asked if they had warranty replacements on hand and they said yes, I got a new one) and gave it to me. All in all a good deal.

I am happy with Sprint Customer Service.

Just wanted to put that on a line by itself.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I am happy with Sprint Customer Service.
    I'm happy you got a new one, but I fear others might be stuck with the "tough luck, man" response. I stopped opening mine with one hand as I think that maneuver puts undo stress on the hinge. I've been admiring that new 400mhz tungsten C. Would be cool to have that, a bluetooth sprint phone (when the cdma sony-ericsson comes out) and a palm bluetooth SD card. Then one could have incredible palm speed, thumbpad, builtin WIFI, and cdma wireless via bluetooth. More money than I want to spend, but a daydream nonetheless.
    David
    Originally posted by drw
    I'm happy you got a new one, but I fear others might be stuck with the "tough luck, man" response. I stopped opening mine with one hand as I think that maneuver puts undo stress on the hinge. I've been admiring that new 400mhz tungsten C. Would be cool to have that, a bluetooth sprint phone (when the cdma sony-ericsson comes out) and a palm bluetooth SD card. Then one could have incredible palm speed, thumbpad, builtin WIFI, and cdma wireless via bluetooth. More money than I want to spend, but a daydream nonetheless.
    Right now, the next treo will be my new device.

but if it disapoints, the above combination is real tempting.

i wonder what will be first? a bluetooth sd card that works with 0s5 ot the new treo?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yea, mine broke a few months back and they tried to give me the tough luck response too. Here's what I did:

First I printed out the other threads in this forum discussing the issue and showing how many others had a) experienced the problem and b) gotten a replacement on the spot from other stores.

I also called Sprint customer service before I went to the store and got assurance that I would receive a replacement.

When they told me at the store to beat I, I handed them the discussion thread, told them what the rep had told me, and asked to use the red hotline phone in the store to inform customer service that they weren't honoring the warranty.

It was amazing how quickly they changed their tune;-)