1.    #1  
    Is it at all possible to check juno email on a Treo 300? I'm very interested in getting a Treo but my main email is with juno which has desktop software that allows you to download all your email (similar to outlook) and also the ability to check it online at http://webmail.juno.com. Is this possible? I don't understand some of the technical things so please explain in layman's terms. Thanks.
    Yes, you just need an email program like my favorite, SnapperMail (http://www.snappermail.com). You can send & receive from as many email accounts as you want from your Treo, including Juno accounts.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Exactly. I use Snappermail to access my Juno email. I use Juno's POP address (pop.juno.com ---> 64.136.20.130) and use my Username and PW. As for the SMTP settings im using the one from Sprintpcs. This works perfect since Juno does not have SMTP turned on. Hope this helps!

Miguel
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. That's great news and a lot of help! I'm one step closer to buying one.

Another question:

Does the email stay on the server (like when you use Juno Webmail) so you can download it later to your desktop?
    Or is it permanently downloaded to your treo?

Thanks
    You can configure SnapperMail any way you want. If you want to leave all the messages on the server, you can configure it that way. if you want to download all of the messages permanently to your Treo, you can do it that way too. (You can also choose on a message-by-message basis whether or not you want to leave that particular message on the server or download it permanently to your Treo.) You basically have the ultimate in flexibility to do it any way you want to do it.
    Originally posted by damigs
    Exactly. I use Snappermail to access my Juno email. I use Juno's POP address (pop.juno.com ---> 64.136.20.130) and use my Username and PW. As for the SMTP settings im using the one from Sprintpcs. This works perfect since Juno does not have SMTP turned on. Hope this helps!

Miguel
    Hi,
    This is a great resource and forum! I'm new to the Sprint Treo 300 and have tried to access my Juno e-mail via Eudora and Snappermail with no luck so far.

For Outgoing I used smtp.sprintpcs.com
    For Incoming I used pop.juno.com and 64.136.20.130 and neither one worked.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help appreciated

Steve
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hello.. Sorry to hear your having problems with ur Snappermail setup. I have looked at your settings and compared them to mine. I did realize one problem. I must have posted the wrong IP address for Juno's POP3 server. It should be 64.136.16.130 ----- Not 64.136.20.130

Make sure for USERNAME you enter your entire email address. Example---> XXXX@juno.com

POP3 Server: 64.136.16.130
    Username: XXXX@juno.com
    Password: (The one used for accessing ur emails)

Also try and configure one mail option at a time. First get the INCOMING MAIL working before working with the OUTGOING. This will save time and headaches. Below are settings im using for my SMTP server.

SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: (this would be ur Vision ID)

For POP3 Settings
    Use Port: 110

For SMTP Settings
    Use Port: 25
    Leave POP before send unchecked.

Hope this helps and enjoy!!

DaMiGs
    damigs@juno.com
    Thank you, Thank you! DaMiGs. That did it. I can now receive Juno mail on my treo. I'll have to try out attachment feature in snappermail which I think is very cool!

My next question: Is there a way to get rid of the headers and the other junk on the e-mails?
    Well, I just sent myself a .doc and an excel file attachments. Got them both but they were both truncated. I tried to open them and got a buch of errors and was not able to read the attachements. The worst offender was the .doc file which cause the treo to lock up and forced me to do a soft reset. Could this pehaps be that I am using the trial version of Snappermail? If the paid version is as buggy I don't think I'd want it. What are some of the bugs in Snappermail you've come across?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Well, I just sent myself a .doc and an excel file attachments. Got them both but they were both truncated. I tried to open them and got a buch of errors and was not able to read the attachements. The worst offender was the .doc file which cause the treo to lock up and forced me to do a soft reset. Could this pehaps be that I am using the trial version of Snappermail? If the paid version is as buggy I don't think I'd want it. What are some of the bugs in Snappermail you've come across?
    What are using to open the doc/excel files? PalmOS doesn't automatically support native word/excel files out the box. You will need an app like QuickOffice that supports native Office formats to view files. Btw, I believe snapperfish and Cutting Edge Software have teamed up to provide native MS office support for email attachments...

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=4984
    http://www.cesinc.com/quickoffice/