1.    #1  
    I think that this has been discussed before - hopefully someone may have a solution by now.

My treo drops the vision connection, but the treo doesn't seem to be aware. The two arrows above the signal meter are grayed out, but still present. Sometimes when attempting to reconnect, the connection will wake up, at others, the treo resets itself. This should not be happening and I'm sure many of you have experienced this. It seems to have been getting worse lately.

I was wondering if there was a program that could be run in the background that would periodically ping the network in order to keep the connection 'awake'. I only have this problem if the treo hasn't connected in 2 or more hours, so if there is a work around for this, could someone please post it?

In the meantime, I can set my email client to poll my server every 30 minutes or so, but this shouldn't be required, and I suppose, having a background program to accomplish the same thing shouldn't be either.
    Check this thread. It may not be exactly what you are looking for but that is all there is and it works great for me.