1.    #1  
    The desktop version I've got is 5.1.6.26. I don't see anything different. Does anyone have any info on what was in this upgrade?
    I did the upgrade this morning and notice no difference. As usual, Sprint gives no notice or detail and worse, no choice. If you do not upgrade, you will not get your email.
    last time I had to upgrade the desktop client first, then the palm software a few days later. (I can't sync to the PC running BCS, because it is a VMware virtual machine running at my hosting provider and doing nothing but forwarding my mail.) Wondering if I will have this problem again.
    I just upgraded. What a pain to have my email suddenly stop last night. I was relying on it to get me some information so I could decide when to come into work. It's really disturbing that they would do this. Yet one more reason I keep my Blackberry in my briefcase (and thus within reach) at all times.
    ... I switched to TreoMail. BC was just too flaky for me, and these mystery, unannounced updates put me over the edge.
    Oh well - choice is good.
    Yea, I love BC, but this is definately a chink in the armor. I don't care if they keep offering upgrades, just don't shut down my service until I do. What if I'm on a vacation or business trip?
    I lost my BC connectivity too... but I was able to remotely access my pc with gotomypc & install the new BC client. Got my email back up & running. Kind of a pain, but not that bad. BC has been good about warning about palm updates on my treo but not about the pc client. Weird.

Paul
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Now that BaseJet has the SMS polling feature working on the Treo 300 platform, why is anyone using the BC ?
    Originally posted by KKenna
    Now that BaseJet has the SMS polling feature working on the Treo 300 platform, why is anyone using the BC ?
    There are many features that BC has that BaseJet doesn't. Two that pop right into mind is the ability to search the corporate directory and access files on your network.