1.    #1  
    so last week i posted about sprint losing my text messages, not only were they not going to my phone, they weren't going to my inbox on the web either.

so i had a trouble ticket with sprint, and today it seems to be half fixed. i am able to send text messages, and ones sent to me appear in my inbox online, however when i receive one, sometimes i hear a beep on my phone (other times not) and then nothing appears that says "you have a new text message".

when i go into sms messaging, it isn't there. if i click on fetch messages, then it downloads it to my phone. but this isn't how it is supposed to work, i am supposed to receive a pop up window with the text message and the number it came from.

anyone else have this problem or a solution? definitely closer, but still not there!

thanks much.
    Same problem for months now........I have given up
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    You shouldn't give up so easily. Go to your Treo300SMS app, and re-authenticate. This should straighten out the problem with the link between your Treo and your SMS inbox on the Sprint site. If not, amke sure you can send yourself a one-way text message (link from main Sprint site). You may find that you get an error about not being subscribed to the service.

In short, you should almost never blame PDAApps for problems. They publish great stuff (and, you should send e-mail to support@pdaapps.com if you do have any problem). I;ve found that they've helped me to point the Sprint techs at probable solutions on the Sprint side in the past...
    Originally posted by KKenna
    You shouldn't give up so easily. Go to your Treo300SMS app, and re-authenticate. This should straighten out the problem with the link between your Treo and your SMS inbox on the Sprint site. If not, amke sure you can send yourself a one-way text message (link from main Sprint site). You may find that you get an error about not being subscribed to the service.

In short, you should almost never blame PDAApps for problems. They publish great stuff (and, you should send e-mail to support@pdaapps.com if you do have any problem). I;ve found that they've helped me to point the Sprint techs at probable solutions on the Sprint side in the past...
    Absolutely correct! Aside from the first paragraph which is dead on, PDAapps is an awesome vendor of quality software products. If you think there is a problem, send them an e-mail. I guarantee they will respond quickly and will help solve your problem.
    Originally posted by mindloop
    when i go into sms messaging, it isn't there. if i click on fetch messages, then it downloads it to my phone. but this isn't how it is supposed to work...
    thanks much.
    There is a "fetch messages" feature in your TreoSMS? I cannot seem to find this. What version do you have?

I often have a problem retrieving messages if I am doing some other Vision-enabled task, or I am in a big application (like Vindigo). When this happens, my message sits on the server until I can log in and delete it.
    Get the newest version. :menu: Z fetches.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Get the newest version. :menu: Z fetches.
    Great! Thanks!
    Originally posted by mindloop
    ... when i go into sms messaging, it isn't there. if i click on fetch messages, then it downloads it to my phone. but this isn't how it is supposed to work, i am supposed to receive a pop up window with the text message and the number it came from.

anyone else have this problem or a solution?...
    YES! Now I have this same problem. I was previously using v0.4, which worked well for me, with a couple of exceptions. Occaisionally, if I was involved in another data-intensive process, Treo300SMS would fail to pick up my new message. There was no way for me to re-initiate the retrieval of that message.

Version v0.5 added the stroke-Z command to retrieve. But, when I installed it, I began having the same problems you are describing. I have activated and de-activated a handful of times, and I cannot resolve the issue.

The ONLY thing that has changed in my set-up is the version of Treo300SMS, from v0.4 to v0.5.