Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    kewl, thanks! My $5 will be coming your way.
    You will be the first TreoJogKeyShorts donator ! So your bugs and feature requests should get the highest priority (after mine, of course) in the future. Unless, of course, someone else donates more than $5 ;-)

I lost my Treo stylus over the weekend, so the $5 will actually be going towards a new SytlusCentral 2-in-1 pen/stylus (pity that the $5 will only cover half the postage to Australia).

On the Pop! front, it still pops up if you're moving quickly through the entries. They really should make a double-tap only be recognised if the taps occur close to each other (not in different table entries). You can see it for yourself if you quickly tap on two different parts of the screen. But at least now the Pop! pop-up just sits there waiting for you to pop-down the Pop! pop-up instead of causing Pop! to crash. (How many "pop"s can you put in one sentence!)

-- Rod
    Ok, I have to take it back, sorry
    j/k

It still is crashing. I scroll down once, Pop! comes up, I then scroll up and it crashes.
  3.    #23  
    Ok, I have to take it back, sorry
    j/k

It still is crashing. I scroll down once, Pop! comes up, I then scroll up and it crashes.
    Nope - can't reproduce that. Can you check the version number of the installed version of TreoJogKeys ? Perhaps you didn't disable the hack before installing the new version ?

If you do have 2.3 on the device, then please send a step-by-step description of how to make it crash repeatably (e.g. how many todo items on the screen, whether the screen scrolled or not, whether an item was selected, jog-dial or scroll keys, etc).

-- Rod
    I deleted TJKS, and re-installed. Checked the version and it's 2.3.

I open the ToDo app. I have 11 listed. I push the jog key to go to select mode. I scroll down twice quickly, this launches Pop!. I then scroll up once, this causes some weird, almost chinese-like chars to be displayed within the Pop list. I scroll up one more time and it crashes.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I sent ya a well deserved payment
    Also at the point where Pop is launched, if I first scroll down, then up, it does not crash. It's only if the scroll up is first initiated when Pop comes up.
  6.    #26  

I open the ToDo app. I have 11 listed. I push the jog key to go to select mode. I scroll down twice quickly, this launches Pop!. I then scroll up once, this causes some weird, almost chinese-like chars to be displayed within the Pop list. I scroll up one more time and it crashes.

Hope this helps.

Nope - I still can't reproduce it. I've sent you a private email to continue debugging the problem.

Thanks for the payment. You're first in the DONATIONS.txt file ;-)
  7.    #27  

Hope this helps.

Version 2.4 at http://sf.net/projects/rwhitby now re-enables list support for Pop! and fixes the bug in TJKS which caused the fatal interaction.

Thanks for the good bug reports Appleman - you helped me track down a bug which would have caused fatal errors in other applications which popped up complex lists.

And thanks for the donation. Now that the bug is fixed I feel better about accepting it :-)
    I concur, this one definately fixes it. Thanks. I tried all the things that crashed it last time, and no luck, so to speak.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I keep getting this error after I select an item in the ToDo list.
    XXX varies from HitTableField (jog up/down) or HitControl (jog push). I have disabled all other hacks and this still occurs.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rfg17
    I keep getting this error after I select an item in the ToDo list.
    XXX varies from HitTableField (jog up/down) or HitControl (jog push). I have disabled all other hacks and this still occurs.
    FYI, Just figured out that this and my previous issue had to do with having RecoEcho enabled. When I disable RecoEcho, everything works just fine. So it looks like this hack is incompatible with RecoEcho.
    Last edited by rfg17; 05/12/2003 at 12:52 PM.
  11.    #31  

FYI, Just figured out that this and my previous issue had to do with having RecoEcho enabled. When I disable RecoEcho, everything works just fine. So it looks like this hack is incompatible with RecoEcho.
    Agreed. Looks like I'm not playing right with Newpen either, so it's probably a TJKS problem. I'll look into it.
  12.    #32  

Finally fixed in version 2.5 at http://sf.net/projects/rwhitby/.

Tested against RecoEcho (Trial version) and Newpen.

I had to rewrite the whole TJKS internals to remove all penDown events, so be aware of the possibility that bugs might have crept in during the big rewrite (every function in every file had to change). If you see something fishy, please let me know, even if it worked before. What it does mean, however, is that TJKS will no longer have any possibility of bad interaction with applications that recognise and act upon pen events.

Also, be aware that the set of traps that TJKS intercepts has changed (I no longer have to trap EvtGetPen), so make sure you completely disable TJKS in your hack manager before installing the new version.

The changes from version 2.4 to version 2.5 are:

1/ Completely rewrote the internals to remove all PenDown events (so it doesn't conflict with graffiti replacement apps like RecoEcho or Newpen).

2/ Added Shift+Scroll-up and Shift+Scroll-down support in Memo and Notes (moves the insertion point up or down one line).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Everything seems to be working fine now with RecoEcho enabled. Thanks for the quick turnaround!
  14.    #34  
    Everything seems to be working fine now with RecoEcho enabled. Thanks for the quick turnaround!
    No probs - it was a self-centred haste, cause I wanted to use Newpen with TJKS, and TJKS triggered the same behaviour in it!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Rod,
    I was wondering if you would be willing to make a change to the LauncherX support.

Currently, a jog-push switches tabs and jog-up/down switches apps. I find this a bit confusing, maybe because I was used to the native LauncherX support where jog up/down switches tabs.

Could you change it so that jog up/down switches tabs, a jog push selects the tab and highlights the first app on that tab, subsequent jog up/downs move through the apps on a selected tab, and another jog-push within a selected tab launched the app. I realize this is more modal than the current implementation, but it seems a bit more intuitive to me.

In any case, I really like the hack and appreciate the work you've put into it.
  16.    #36  
    Rod,
    I was wondering if you would be willing to make a change to the LauncherX support.

Currently, a jog-push switches tabs and jog-up/down switches apps. I find this a bit confusing, maybe because I was used to the native LauncherX support where jog up/down switches tabs.

Could you change it so that jog up/down switches tabs, a jog push selects the tab and highlights the first app on that tab, subsequent jog up/downs move through the apps on a selected tab, and another jog-push within a selected tab launched the app. I realize this is more modal than the current implementation, but it seems a bit more intuitive to me.

In any case, I really like the hack and appreciate the work you've put into it.
    Unfortunately, not. Basically, all I am doing is translating the Treo jog-dial bindings into Sony Jog-dial bindings and then passing them on to LauncherX. So the behaviour you are seeing is the behaviour that LauncherX implements, not TJKS. I would also like it to work the way that you describe, but the modality is difficult to achieve without having the source code to the application (cause the only control that TJKS is through existing key bindings, and I would need a way to determine what mode LauncherX is currently in - e.g. whether an application is selected or not - to determine whether to send in a tab-changing command or an application-launch command).
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rwhitby

I would need a way to determine what mode LauncherX is currently in - e.g. whether an application is selected or not - to determine whether to send in a tab-changing command or an application-launch command).
    Why not just assume that it is in tab-change mode every time it is restarted, and keep a bit that toggles between tab-change and app-launch modes? Every time I enter LauncherX restart the cycle. Once I launch an app, I don't care to keep the state when I re-enter LauncherX.
  18.    #38  

Why not just assume that it is in tab-change mode every time it is restarted, and keep a bit that toggles between tab-change and app-launch modes? Every time I enter LauncherX restart the cycle. Once I launch an app, I don't care to keep the state when I re-enter LauncherX.
    Cause someone may change it from tab-change to app-launch mode outside of TJKS (e.g. by tapping on the screen), and TJKS will have no way of knowing about that and will therefore be out of synch with the state.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12