1.    #1  
    All of the sudden, BizConn quit working on me. I get the message "can't connect to desktop." My desktop client is working fine -- logged in and syncing. When I check my mail on the sprintpcs website, it is synchronized. So my desktop client seems to be working fine. I called tech support, who told me to regenerate my keys. I've tried that. I get through key 2/2, and then at the end, it fails, with message "can't connect to desktop." Bizconn reverts to prompting me to reneter my userid, password, and phone num. Every time, same result. Fails at the end; prompts me to re-enter everything. What is weird is when i watch my desktop client during this, at that critical moment at the end of key 2, the desktop client loses connection and grays out. Somehow, at the end of that 2nd key, Bizconn seems to trigger a failure of the desktop client (I clearly have no idea what's going on -- just some idea here). Tech support has basically told me they are out of ideas (I've reinstalled desktop and palm apps with no success). I suppose I will have to cancel Bizconn, unless someone has an idea what to do here.
    Internet access is working fine on your phone?
    I had that exact same problem over and over again - I was able to solve it short-term by reducing my inbox to one or two messages and then it was finally able to sync. I think there was a problem with the amount of data it was sending on setup - as far as I could tell, it was caused by conflicts with my other desktop programs.

After a compromise w. my IT dept. (which is terrified of touching the server), I solved it permanently by moving my desktop bizconn to a dedicated spare computer in the server room.
    Originally posted by TreoHugger

After a compromise w. my IT dept. (which is terrified of touching the server), I solved it permanently by moving my desktop bizconn to a dedicated spare computer in the server room.
    I have my client running on a spare computer somewhere on the ohter side of the building.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Internet access is working fine on your phone?
    Yes, strangely enough, Internet access was working fine.

The problem is now solved. Prevously, I re-installed the desktop client over the old. That did not fix the problem. When I completely uninstalled and re-installed, that fixed the problem. Sorry for wasting the group's time with this one.