1.    #1  
    Okay, now that I got your attention ..

I just rec'd a replacement for my broken-hinged Treo from Sprint. It has taken 3 days for the Vision "settings updater" to *finally* work .. it finally did it's thing without error this morning, even though I spent the better part of a 1/2 hour yesterday morning with a Sprint Vision tech. He reset my password, had me do a hard reset, etc. He felt it was mostly related to signal strength problems. I never had such a problem with my 1st Treo, even in the same locations where I was having problems with this Treo.

Also yesterday I noticed that I kept getting dropped calls in my office -- this happened occasionally with my old phone, but it was happening on a regular basis with this phone.

Is it possible that this phone cannot pick up the signal as well as my old phone? Has anyone experienced this? How do I convince Sprint of this possibility so that I can get this thing replaced or repaired?

Thanks,
    Yvonne
    I had trouble with my phone with dropped calls, and missing phone calls, I took it to PCS Store and they tested it with diagnostics software and it failed the diagnostics. So they replaced it. I were you I would take it to the store and have the test it.
    Regards
    Itsmoney!
    I had a bad phone and it constantly dropped calls and couldn't hold a signal. Oddly enough, the data always worked perfectly. But I needed the phone to work so I took it to Sprint and sure enough, it failed the diagnostics test (DUH) and they sent me a new one which I received the next day. The new one works wonderfully and I have not had a problem.

Take it in and have it tested. It doesn't cost anything and it might get you a free replacement.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Consumer Reports recently profiled several of the national cell service providers and Sprint's biggest knock was dropped calls. FWIW.
    You're like my twin or something. I replaced my broken hinged treo, received the new one in the mail. It had poor received signal strength, and failed the sprint diagnostics. I sent it back, and am on my third phone, which took like 3 days to get set up correctly with the "settings updater" even after talking to a rep. Its amazing how common these problems are.
    Why don't they run diagnostics before sending the phone out? (never mind, they're made in mexico)
    David