1.    #1  
    i understand that when i am using the wireless web and the green lights on top of the signal are lit that that means i cannot receive incoming calls and it goes straight to voicemail. but what about when i turn off the browser, those lights turn to gray? shouldn't i then be able to get calls? currently calls are going straight into voicemail. unless i turn off the phone and turn it back on. what is going on???

also, when i am in the subway and the phone signal goes away, when i come back upstairs it doesnt' automatically find the signal. i have to turn off and back on in order to get the signal.

again, what is going on?
    The gray indicator on the phone indicates that the Vision connection has gone to sleep. You should be able to get calls instantly but my guess is that the local network is not releasing the signal to your acount that your phone can now take calls again fast enough. There is probably a latency period in your area. It does not happen for me in this way. I have not noticed a lag time in California.

The other problem is something of an annoyance. No ideas there.
    Originally posted by mindloop
    also, when i am in the subway and the phone signal goes away, when i come back upstairs it doesnt' automatically find the signal. i have to turn off and back on in order to get the signal.
    Give it some time. It will pick it up again eventually. If not, call Sprint.