1.    #1  
    any ideas how i can get my comcast email via treo- I can get to the site ok but can not seem to input username or password
    same here and emailing comcast is of no help at all!
  3.    #3  
    darn i was hoping that they may have been able to help
    has anyone tried a different email application - I guess if you auto forward to another mail app that would work
    Although I do not use comcast yet for email as ATTBI has not converted their email over yet, I've been told that 2banywhere's email client works very well for comcast retrieval. I use it now for my ATTBI account. It's a service type email client like treomail but much better and it's free until they launch the full program (still in beta).

www.2banywhere.com
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5.    #5  
    so how would I configure 2banywhere to recive comcast (cable service ISP) mail

I have a Treo300 with vision

So what would I put in for mail server, port number, encryption?

any help would be appreciated

spaner
    You follow the set up instructions w/your user name and password for your comcast acct and you need to set up pop3 and smtp servers:

pop3: mail.comcast.net
    smtp: smtp.comcast.net

and there is no SSL authentication required.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  7.    #7  
    ok so I plugged in POP3 acount details ok but where would I put in the smtp details?

I have already installed the software and the only options that I can see on the treo in acount details are POP3 or IMAP4

man am I "puter" ileterate
    You should have been able to input all of this information on your desktop while you were going thru the set up process before syncing your treo.
    If you have already installed the app, from the pulldown menu under options, accounts, you can create a new account from there and insert both pop3 and smtp server info then you can simply delete the one you already have set up that is not right.
    Does this make sense?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  9.    #9  
    millerhifi

Thanks!!!

I set up a new user but it still not give me the option to add smpt details but it turns out they were not needed....

I actaully had plugged in the wrong user name so that might have explained why I was getting bumped out-duh

works a charm now - seems real fast will try an attachment now

I better stop finding new ways to use this device otherwise I going to get fired for playing with this thing!!!

Spaner
    Glad to hear you got it working!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  11.    #11  
    ok so comcast retreval is working fine I now want to try and retrieve sprint mail
    it seems to connect ok but hangs when it get to checking messages part- error message suggest user name or password authetication error
    I know these are right as I log in with these from my desk top
    I do not buisiness connect
    I plugger in the following parameters
    username: myname01
    password: secret
    server: mail.sprintmail.com
    authetification: none
    pop3
    reply email adress: myname01@sprintpcs.com

serach did not reveal anything and direct email to 2banywhere has not yielded a reponse

thx in advance
    spaner
    Originally posted by spaner
    ok so comcast retreval is working fine I now want to try and retrieve sprint mail
    it seems to connect ok but hangs when it get to checking messages part- error message suggest user name or password authetication error
    I know these are right as I log in with these from my desk top
    I do not buisiness connect
    I plugger in the following parameters

username: myname01

You will need to add the @sprintpcs.com

password: secret
    server: mail.sprintmail.com

are you sure you don't want mail.sprintpcs.com?

authetification: none
    pop3
    reply email adress: myname01@sprintpcs.com

serach did not reveal anything and direct email to 2banywhere has not yielded a reponse

thx in advance
    spaner
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...