1.    #1  
    I got my treo 300 last week and spent the weekend installing new applications and trying to properly configure everything. this bulleting board has been very helpful in that respect.

however, i am having problems with text messaging using the sms download.

apparently, the text messages i send are successful, and when someone texts me from the sprint website, i receive them, but if someone attempts to text me by my phone number (the most common method) it fails everytime.

are there any text programs for the treo 300 that have 100% success rate? i never had a single problem using my last regular cell phone and this is quite distressing. it means people are texting me and i am never receiving a large portion of the messages.

is anyone else experiencing this???

PLEASE HELP!
    Please confirm you have downloaded and installed Treo300SMS.

Additionally, if you feel you have missed messages, log onto your account online and you can view/organize your awaiting shortmail messages.
  3.    #3  
    yes i installed and am running treo 300sms.

i logged into the sprint site to obtain my messages there, and they are not there.

this is very odd.

when i had my old regular samsung cell phone, i was able to retrieve my text messages on the phone and on the sprint site. now it is is neither location.

what is going on?
  4.    #4  
    also, if someone hits reply on a text message i successfully sent to them, it is also lost. never comes to my phone, never goes to the sprint site either. lost forever.

this is really bumming me out.
    If your messages are not in your SprintPCS shortmail mailbox, there is probably a provisioning problem somewhere in the chain (i.e. being provisioned for the old 2g rather than the 3g Vision for example). Call Sprint and tell them your messages are not showing up in your Sprint Web Site mailbox. By so doing, you eliminate the Treo as the blame (which SPCS is inclined to do at the drop of a hat).

I had the same problem for about 6 weeks until they determined my Treo wasn't provisioned properly.
    Maniac is on the right track. The problem has nothing to do with your device.
  7.    #7  
    i just spoke to a few technicians at sprint. they claim it is not in fact a provisioning problem or else i wouldn't be able to access the internet at all.

apparently they are experiencing server problems with the sms messaging which could be causing the problem.

the thing is, not only am i not getting the messages on my phone, they are not going to my short mail inbox. this makes no sense. my previous phone, it would goto my phone and still be on the short mail server until i deleted it from either location.

are you guys successfully sending and receiving text messages on your treo 300 without error? if so, there must be something individually wrong with my account since we are all sprint subscribers.

thanks for the help guys.
    Originally posted by mindloop
    i just spoke to a few technicians at sprint. they claim it is not in fact a provisioning problem or else i wouldn't be able to access the internet at all.

apparently they are experiencing server problems with the sms messaging which could be causing the problem.

the thing is, not only am i not getting the messages on my phone, they are not going to my short mail inbox. this makes no sense. my previous phone, it would goto my phone and still be on the short mail server until i deleted it from either location.

are you guys successfully sending and receiving text messages on your treo 300 without error? if so, there must be something individually wrong with my account since we are all sprint subscribers.

thanks for the help guys.
    The first statement is definately not true. Internet access and access to the messaging servers have nothing to do with one another.

One fact is that SPCS has messaging servers all over the country so because I get all of my SMS messages, it doesn't mean that you will. On the other hand, if your messages are not in your shortmail mail box they will never be sent to your device. That's the way it works.

SprntPCS always says they are having problems with their messaging servers. I still maintain, and would bet, that you have a provisioning problem. Keep at them. Get a trouble ticket, escalate the problem. Don't let them B.S. you.

I don't know what else to tell you other than to call twice a day, as painful as that is.

Good luck.
    FYI, late in February after failing to receive *numerous* SMS messages over a period of days (I know they were sent because I inspected the sender's Blackberry which showed the handoff) I contacted Sprint's uber-awful tech support. After being handed off to a level 2 rep, and after 35 minutes on hold, the rep put me back on hold to go find an explanation. When she returned she told me that "we are upgrading our servers and service may be unreliable".

I asked why no warning was sent to customers, how long the outtage would last and how Sprint planned to compensate me for failing to provide the contracted service. The answers were: i don't know, it could take a month and we won't consider anything until service is restored, respectively. Apparently Sprint specializes in stealth outtages with no apologies. I was given to understand this was a "rolling" upgrade that affected different customers/locations at different times.

Lesson: you may not be receiving your messages because Sprint is "improving your user experience".
    my treo600 has been experiencing the same problem. sprint keeps saying they're fixing their network and to give it time. I ca successfully send text messages but have been unable to receive any for a month now. if any one figures out a solution to this problem i'd really like to know what it is.