1.    #1  
    My apt is in an area that is spotty with the sprint signal. Normally though, I can get a decent signal in my bedroom. Suddenly saturday morning, I can't get a signal in my apt at all. I went home to visit my parents, where i have a similar "coverage" issue, and where I used to get service, I didn't anymore. Is it possible that something happened to my phone this weekend that is screwing up the signal reception??? This would obviously be a major problem.
    Did you try a soft reset? If not, try it.
  3.    #3  
    Tried that, no effect.

I'm worried that something may have come loose inside the treo. This one came to me "factory refurbished" after my first one had the right hinge crack.
  4.    #4  
    I just compared the signal strength of my roomates samsung A400 to my Treo300 in my room. He got 3-4 bars, I got no service to 1 bar. I know there can be a significant difference in the receiver design, but I think it's safe to say that something is wrong with my Treo. What should I do?
    bars mean very little because each phone is calibrated differently. the debug screen (##33284 send) will give you the RSSI number in db. The lower the absolute value of the number, the better the signal. these numbers should be compared from phone to phone. Another test that is more meaningful is...can you make a call. Samsungs are notorious for showing 4 bars and not being able to complete a call whereas the Treo can have 1 bar and make calls perfectly
    Originally posted by dmrfresh
    My apt is in an area that is spotty with the sprint signal. Normally though, I can get a decent signal in my bedroom. Suddenly saturday morning, I can't get a signal in my apt at all. I went home to visit my parents, where i have a similar "coverage" issue, and where I used to get service, I didn't anymore. Is it possible that something happened to my phone this weekend that is screwing up the signal reception??? This would obviously be a major problem.
    if it'll make you feel better, bring your phone to a sprint store and have them test it.

i rarely ever have a signal problem anymore unless i'm in some remote place.
    I've verified the treo signal strength and ability to make calls against several peoples phones here. Again I stress that I've tested this by actually placing calls and surfing the web using vision, not by measuring bars etc. The treo has one of the best RF characteristics and 1xRTT modems around. In places where other phones such as samsung could not make calls, the treo was flying. Also, near my house there is very weak signal. Sanyo scp5300 had no sevice in the dip in the road that the treo could carry on a convo. To be fair, the sanyo antenna was not extended and the roam was diabled.

/v
  8.    #8  
    Took it to the Sprint store, and found out that I had a ph problem. The customer service guy said he didn't even know what that was, but knew that it had something to do with power, not litmus paper

So they will send me a new phone for free. That makes this new one TREO#3.

I think it's safe to say that handspring has had some quality issues with this units, but so far, I have been 100% satisfied by the sprint customer service, which will probably surprise many of you who read these boards.

How to I find out my received signal power in dB? There is a debug screen I can get to? I noticed that some people were doing some tests, and posting on these boards, and they were quoting these numbers. How do I find these values???
    dmrfresh...
    how did you get Sprint to replace your phone for free? I just bought a Treo 300 via eBay... slightly concerned about lack of warranty. Are you paying for the Sprint Protection Plan (or whatever its called).

Thanks,
    Matt
  10.    #10  
    The phone is under warranty for 1 yr from purchase. I bought it from Sprint.