Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    It's amazing what a color screen and backlit keyboard add to the device.
    I've been a 180k owner since the first shipment and while I was pleased with the Palm integration, I've been quite underwhelmed by the phone functions.
    The GPRS upgrade made the phone useable, but I never thought Handspring had a winner.

This Monday I receieved a new Treo 270 from Handspring/Tmobile. The 270 has completely changed my perception of the Treo and Handspring.

After using the device for the last week, I can report that the 270 is light years ahead of the 180. The backlit keyboard is wonderful, and the color screen is so much brighter and easier to read.

The battery life, even with the new features seems to be the same as the 180, which was quite suprising. And for some reason, the speaker/sound quality seems better than the 180.

Overall, the build quality of the 270 just seems better than the 180, everything from materials to tolerances just seems superior on the 270.

I've also had a chance to spend time comparing the 270 with the new Kyocera Clamshell Plam unit. I've decided to keep the Treo rather than move to the new Kyocera. The Kyocera was MUCH larger than I expected and just felt clunky compared to the treo. It's certainly an improvement of the 6035, but it's still not as slick as the Treo.

Now I'm just wondering if the 270 will suffer the same hardware issues as the past 6 180's I've RMA'd.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Im also upgrading from my 180g, can hardly wait for the 270.

I was among the first over here that got a 180, feb-02, and lately ive had so much trouble with it, even the repaired ones came back faulty, one replacement took 3 weeks, not easy to run your own company without a mobile for such a long time.

So i wasnt very happy this morning when my 180 wouldnt start, little more than i year ago i paid loads of money for this phone and now its worthless. Well a visit to my phone dealer and a call to Handspring surely made my day better, im getting a replacement but this time its a 270, big-up for Handspring.

/Andreas
    Did you have to pay for the upgrade? Did you work through your phone company or Handspring?

PLEASE let me know as I'm in the process of getting a replacement for my 4th defective treo 180 and I'm trying my best to get a 270.

I think I've been more than a fair customer in accepting 4 replacement Treo 180's.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I don't think my story will help, but here it is anyway.

I received a Treo270 as part of a promotion between Novell, Handspring, T-Mobile and Notify Technologies. They provided 60 Treo's free of charge, including 2 months of full service as part of the Channel promotions at Novell's Brainshare conference last week.

So I did not receive the unit as a replacement and all interaction was outside of any direct contact with Handspring over the problems I've had with my 180.

This was NOT a replacement due to Treo 180 defects, but a completely seperate promotion in conjunction with the above listed companies.

But regardless of how it happened, the Treo 270 is a FAR BETTER phone than the 180.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Handspring didnt mention anything about paying for the upgrade so i think i will get it for free.

Everytime my 180 broke down i spoke to the same person at Handspring, which might have helped getting the upgrade.

The fact that i bought the device as soon as a hit the market over here probably also helps ie. i payed loads for it (compared to someone who bought it last week and had it for "free")

I didnt asked for a 270 i just inquired about possible upgrades and they suggested a 270.

/Andreas
    I'm glad to hear that at least one person had a positivie CS experience.

Everytime I call, I ask for the same person yet end up talking to random indian folk. They haven't seemed to be very interested in me having a good experience.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Got a small packet from the postman this morning, a week ago
    sent in my faulty 180 and was promised a 270 in replacement.

Was a bit nervous when i opened it up because i wasnt shure
    if i would really get a 270 as or not. After unwrapping it i had no more doubts, i got a 270

Big thank you to A-novo Radiophone UK.

/Andreas
    Best of luck with it.... T-mobile just sent me another 180. I've got until August to have it break.
    I also was very unlucky with my 180 and had it replaced for a 270. I had problemes with my USB cable connection and a broken speaker but I was very much convinced about the functionalities of the Treo so I wanted to give it another chance with the 270. The quality is of the 270 is defintely much better but I will stay carefull. I love the colour interface and I'm a happy syncer again. Good service from Handspring!!

Thomas
    "I also was very unlucky with my 180 and had it replaced for a 270."

Did they simply offer this to you, did you have to pay? Who did you speak with?

Thanks
    It was not that simple...it took 4 months and a lot of trips to the post office as you can read in the following topic.

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...591#post218591

Rgds,

Thomas