1.    #1  
    I currently have my mail forwarded to Yahoo and then Yahoo sends me out an SMS alert when new mail arrives. The only problem is the SMS alerts are coming 2-3 hours later then the actual e-mails. I am using Rogers AT&T here in Canada. When I send myself an SMS message, I get it within 10 seconds. Is this a problem with Yahoo's service.

Last night I asked for SMS alerts everytime a goal was scored in the Toronto/Philadelphia Hockey game. We were watching the 3rd overtime period when Yahoo sent an alert saying the score was 1-1 after the 1st period. This makes me wonder about these SMS alerts from Yahoo.

Does anyone else have a similar problem. Anybody have any solutions? I would love to have the SMS Mail Alerts working on time - this would make the Treo work much more like the Blackberry.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    I have Sprint PCS and have set up email filters, and yahoo updates. I tend to get my mail SMS 5-10 seconds after email lands in my inbox. I also get game scores, and other alerts when requested (last sports report I got was during football season; I got the halftime report usually 2 minutes after the end of the 2nd quarter...)

I think your problem lies in your carrier's email to SMS gateway, and the lagtime that server is creating. Yahoo's mobile alerts are pretty timely for me. try emailing your SMS email adress and timing it to see if that is what is causing the lag.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your response, but when I e-mail my SMS e-mail address I get the e-mail within 10 seconds. It is very fast.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Hmmm. I don't know if there is some other server that Yahoo uses then. I just ran a test using Messenger as a notification on my PC and sent myself an email. I timed 14 seconds for the email to land in my inbox and send a notice to Y! messenger; 2 seconds later I got the SMS that triggered Snappermail to grab the email for me using TreoHelper.
  5.    #5  
    What do you mean send it to Yahoo Messenger? I just have it setup that once I get an e-mail in my Yahoo inbox to send my treo an SMS - is there something different through Yahoo Messenger? Also, can you explain what TreoHelper does and where I can get the program.

Thank you
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    What do you mean send it to Yahoo Messenger? I just have it setup that once I get an e-mail in my Yahoo inbox to send my treo an SMS - is there something different through Yahoo Messenger?
    I was using the PC version of Yahoo messenger to compare its mail notifications to the speed of the SMS notice that comes on my treo. If you have that or trillian on the PC, you automatically get an email notice on your desktop.

Also, can you explain what TreoHelper does and where I can get the program.

Thank you
    TreoHelper is a free tool that someone developed to among other things take an SMS and use it to trigger a fetch mail event for SnapperMail. for more info read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=33249
    I have it set up so that when ever my treo gets an SMS with "y-alerts@yahoo-inc.com: FR:" it automatically tells Snappermail to go out and check my yahoo inbox to get the message-- doing the job of treomail and businessconection, without paying $5/mo. Its like blackberry-style push email.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for your response. I will look into Treo Helper. I sent Yahoo customer service a report of what is happening. I haven't heard back from them, but I have not seen a change to how quickly the SMS messages reach my Treo.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    How do you get TreoTools to trigger a fetch in Snappermail? I have Treotools but do not have this ability, as far as I know. Do you have to have PBJtime? I do not have that installed. Thanks.
    Not TreoTools, TreoHelper. Follow this link. You do not need PBJTime to do this.
    That's what I meant, TreoHelper. but I still do not understand HOW to do a snappermail fetch... how do they work together? I have TreoHelper v.15.
    Thanks!
    You probably need v.16. Snappermail will appear under the "Launch" pull-down menu, within the SMS section.
    Ok I will get the new version because mine definitely does not show Snappermail in the drop-down launch list. If it works that will be awesome . . . thanks!