1.    #1  
    I don't know whats up but lately, I've been missing some phone calls, and Treo does not ring, I just get the voice mail. So I tested my Treo and sometimes when I dial my phone from home, it don't ring, and I get to voice mail, although if I try 3 or 4 times in a row, it will finally ring, if phone is still in same spot. Is this something wrong with the phone?
    I bet that you are suffering from a hot vision connection.

If the vision arrows are green than the call goes to vm.

I would disable the vision connection manually and re-test. If the error does not repeat, then I would start looking at any new apps.

I know that aol 3.0 causes this same problem.

This is my best guess anyway...

-rob
    If your data connection is active, voice calls will go directly to voice mail. (Yes, this sucks, but that's the way Sprint's network operates at this point.) So the first thing I'd wonder is what network apps you've got, especially new ones (if the problem started recently).

- Marc
  4.    #4  
    No, vision is not on in these cases, i've done several resets, same thing still goes on. And this problem recently started to happen, and no new apps lately.
    Originally posted by Itsmoney
    No, vision is not on in these cases, i've done several resets, same thing still goes on. And this problem recently started to happen, and no new apps lately.
    Vision was not connected at all, i.e. not even grey arrows?
    That would be my question as well - are you SURE the data connection isn't active? Either there should be NO arrows at all (data not connected) or the arrows should be grey (data not in use).

If you are SURE that there's no data connection when this happens, I'd try doing a hard reset and see if the problem continues. If it does, I'd call Sprint - either something's not set up correctly on the network end, or your phone is defective. If the problem goes away, I'd very strongly suspect one of your third-party apps.

- Marc
  7.    #7  
    No, No vision at all, no arrows, not even grey arrows...I still get bars, and the green light blinks, but no phone calls at random.
    Voice Calls only go straight to VM if there is a data transmission in progress at the time of a received call. If the Vision connection (green arrows) are simply enabled with no data transmission, calls come and go with no problems (at least for me)
    if you have low signal bars (2 or less) chances are your phone is getting spotty signal and therefor is not getting all calls.
    No, No vision at all, no arrows, not even grey arrows...I still get bars, and the green light blinks, but no phone calls at random.
    Hrm hrm hrm. Don't know. I suspect that sometimes my tone/vibrate switch on top is flaky.

So, on yours, they go straight to VM without a ring on the caller's side, or does it ring 3-4 times (on caller's side) and then go into VM?
    I get this as well, and moreso recently. I closely examine my data connection status, and I can't always see a common pattern. I usually see grey bars (but suspect some app still thinks it's connected, and has tied up some internal bus or thread or something). What makes me MORE insane is the ever-increasing frequency of an inability to place outgoing calls. sometimes the call appears to be placed (status of 'active') but I don't hear any ringing and the call never connects. other times I get the 'the network cannot complete your call - whatever' thing. I <think> both those issues - incoming and outgoing are somehow the same underlying issue. The call/phone bus is busy, but it doesn't look that way to the user, based on the display.
    Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I get this as well, and moreso recently. I closely examine my data connection status, and I can't always see a common pattern. I usually see grey bars (but suspect some app still thinks it's connected, and has tied up some internal bus or thread or something). What makes me MORE insane is the ever-increasing frequency of an inability to place outgoing calls. sometimes the call appears to be placed (status of 'active') but I don't hear any ringing and the call never connects. other times I get the 'the network cannot complete your call - whatever' thing. I <think> both those issues - incoming and outgoing are somehow the same underlying issue. The call/phone bus is busy, but it doesn't look that way to the user, based on the display.
    Any thoughts?

No thoughts except that you're also describing my experiences. I usually attribute it to a busy network that can't handle my call at the moment...but it does seem to be happening more often lately.
    bring your Treo in to a Sprint store to have it tested. I think you'll find it will not pass the software diagnostics and it will be replaced.
    I don't know whats up but lately, I've been missing some phone calls, and Treo does not ring, I just get the voice mail. So I tested my Treo and sometimes when I dial my phone from home, it don't ring, and I get to voice mail, although if I try 3 or 4 times in a row, it will finally ring, if phone is still in same spot. Is this something wrong with the phone?
    I was having this happen all the time until I followed a Handspring website suggestion and disabled TreoPictureCaller ID. No problems since. The article explains why programs like these can delay the ring too long while they intercept to do their stuff. Some ringtone programs can also cause this problem for the same reason although I have had good luck with TCRinger.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Originally posted by NateS

I was having this happen all the time until I followed a Handspring website suggestion and disabled TreoPictureCaller ID. No problems since. The article explains why programs like these can delay the ring too long while they intercept to do their stuff. Some ringtone programs can also cause this problem for the same reason although I have had good luck with TCRinger.

Regards,

NateS
    Besides the Sprint PCS Business Connection client, I have few other programs that do anything with the wireless side of the Treo. No TCRinger, Tones, or TreoPictureCaller. Must be something else.
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken

No thoughts except that you're also describing my experiences. I usually attribute it to a busy network that can't handle my call at the moment...but it does seem to be happening more often lately.
    TreoKen - notice you are in Houston - my recent experience has shown a dramatic increase in calls going directly to VM, no rings. Very frustrating. And MANY "faded network" msgs and dropped calls. Houston, we have a problem....
    Charliec
    Good to read we are not alone. I have a Treo 180, my brother has a treo 180g. We each have this identical problem. Consider this: we each use different providers in the European GSM-network. Still our problems are identical to what is described here. We have no fancy addional software on our Treo's.
    The green light is blinking nicely, calls sometimes are and sometimes are not directed to VM without Treo ever ringing.
    I really like my Treo but on Tuesdays, when I hold the salesline all day, I switch off Treo and have to use another, reliable, mobile set to make sure I miss no customer calls.
    This must be a bug in the device itself. Would like Handspring company to respond, please?
    Theo Schijf
    theo@muiswerk.nl