Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Anyone know if there are any programs out there that can skin the default treo keypad? I don't really use mine to dial, I use the keyboard, but I wouldn't mind a cooler looking interface..
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    i had checked that program out when it first came out last year. still not thrilled with the skins...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I like Skinner. The skins they provide for you are limited, but you can create your own. My keypad is filled with tongues of flame, and it's just one more of those things that impress my friends when they drool over my Treo.
    cool... last time i had looked (admittedly a while ago) the program for making your own skins was 'to come'... thanks for the tip
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I use VirtualKB, a hack not a skin, together with Colorize or Khroma, all available for free at freewarepalm.com. No flames, but it's an improvement over the default keyboard.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Alli, how do you create your own custom skins for skinner?
    download the free 'skinner desktop designer' here

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...D&prodID=47802

that's as far as i've gotten. i am assuming that i can design them with this and then would need to buy the program to actually use them on my treo
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Do you have to have the registered version of Skinner in order for your custom keypads to show up correctly? I made a custom one and the buttons are all the correct size and they show up correctly on skinner desktop, but when I load them in Skinner on the treo, it just shows the plain background and no button graphics... ??
    i don't know but if i was the publisher of skinner, that would make sense from a business model standpoint. they are giving away the program to make your own skins, if you did not have to have the registered version to make them work, where would they make any money? i know it sounds crass, but folks gotta eat
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Alright, well I registered and it didn't help at all (as I assumed). I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I made all the graphics the same exact size as the sample ones that it comes with and it seems to look fine in the desktop version, but then when I send it to my treo and preview it, all you see is the background color and the buttons are just not there...

If anyone has actually successfully made their own custom skin that works, maybe you could try putting mine together.

Click HERE to download the ZIP file with all my images in it. If you get it to work, just name the PRC file "Green1.prc" and email (DSDxp@hotmail.com) it to me. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Alright, I finally got it to work, I figured out that I was making all my graphics in 16-bit mode instead of 8-bit. If anyone wants to try out my new skin, feel free to DOWNLOAD it!

Please let me know what you think!