1.    #1  
    The newest release of Basejet (1.0b33) has finally brought about a fix for polling and SMS triggered-syncs.

It works! yippee!!

Basejet is once again the best email client for Palm-powered devices.
    Rob
    Agreed.
    I tried Basejet back in my 6035 days, while on Verizon. I didn't really dig it, and I'm curious if either of you have used TreoMail, and how you found BaseJet's more recent iterations to compare to TreoMail - ? (yes, I know that Dan H has his mail client comparison table thing, but I like to hear from folks who have USED the stuff).

So - if either of you has tried both TreoMail and BaseJet, and can offer any opinions, I'd appreciate it. (I really like TreoMail, but the newer versions of BaseJet do seem tempting...) thanks.
  4.    #4  
    I've been trying out TreoMail over the last few weeks because Basejet polling wasn't working. I decided that the only reason I would use TreoMail was because it did poll.

The feature set of Basejet is far more developed. It provides an option for triggered SMS pulls of mail without intervention. TreoMail does send an SMS notification but requires user input to receive the mail. Basejet's UI is much more robust resembling a desktop client yet still remains its utility even on a handheld. TreoMail's interface and utility is essential the same as the Palm mail app and this lends very little usefulness.

The killer feature for Basejet is the launcher which allows mail to be synced to the palm locally (via a conduit) without using wireless minutes and leaves the ability to faithfully sync wirelessly. TreoMail does not offer a conduit and too much of my data allotment would be used to keep my handheld client synchronized even when I'm at my computer and could sync locally.

If TreoMail offered a conduit and a more robust UI, the comparison would be close. But without the conduit, TreoMail doesn't compete at all.

Rob
    Rob
    Now if they would only support IMAP (I mean "real" IMAP) and fix some of the outstanding issues from last November.
    Funny how different features appeal to different sets of users - I actually DON'T want a local conduit to sync. I had that with Inbox To Go, and it clogged up my local HotSyncs - maybe that wouldn't happen with BaseJet. And with Sprint's Unlimited data plan, there's no such thing, for Sprint users, as wireless minutes. That was certainly a concern for me back in my Verizon/6035 days. Not now, though...

Also - TreoMail pulls very 15 minutes, and in the background - very nice. I like that a lot. And, I've actually found the UI of TreoMail to be very nice - auto complete of recipient addresses, etc.

So - to each his own.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    Funny how different features appeal to different sets of users - I actually DON'T want a local conduit to sync. I had that with Inbox To Go, and it clogged up my local HotSyncs - maybe that wouldn't happen with BaseJet. And with Sprint's Unlimited data plan, there's no such thing, for Sprint users, as wireless minutes. That was certainly a concern for me back in my Verizon/6035 days. Not now, though...

Also - TreoMail pulls very 15 minutes, and in the background - very nice. I like that a lot. And, I've actually found the UI of TreoMail to be very nice - auto complete of recipient addresses, etc.

So - to each his own.
    Basejet works without a conduit as well. It does periodic polling. It's UI is great. For instance dragging the stylus over the left portion of the message list screen will select all messages so indicated. It completes addresses as well. I could go on.
  8.    #8  
    Basejet works with or without the conduit. You could choose to never use the conduit when syncing. You can do on device polling at intervals as short as one minute up to a week and even control which days of the week to check and the times to do it. TreoMail only allows minimum 15 minute poll between chosen hours, but doesn't allow specific days to be selected.

Basejet also does auto-complete of email addresses. It provides limited-attachment support. TreoMail doesn't support any attachments.

The UI of Basejet still beats TreoMail period because of it's flexibility and completeness. There is so much more ...
    Rob
    TreoMail does allow weekday/weekend polling setting. Kind of an on/off thing - polling hours set for weekdays only, or all 7 days of the week.

I tried BaseJet sometime ago, and didn't dig it - maybe it's time for another visit...
    The SMS trigger polling doesn't work for me on my Treo 270. I have Rogers At&t in Canada and I get a fatal error message when I do the first wireless synch. Any suggestions?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  11.    #11  
    Hey Darren,

Basejet has a new release 1.0b33 that seems to have fixed the triggered SMS problems from the last 4 months. It just became available on the 13th.

Let me know if you need help after getting the new release.
    Rob