1.    #1  
    OK. I decided to order my treo 300 from Amazon. To purchase at $499.00 you need to order the phone service from amazon. Otherwise they charge you $549.00 for the unit without a phone plan. Now the problem is when you order the phone plan. It does not have the option to order PCS free & Clear plans WITH VISION at the lower rate plans of $45,$55,$65,$75,$90. It only has the option for the $100 plan. I don't need that many minutes. The other options it has are the PCS Free & Clear plans without Vision. How do you order the phone service with Vision at the lower rates? Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    You don't actually order the service from Amazon, you just are acknowledging that you have to commit to a contract.

It is not until you get the phone that you actually sign up for the service (either over the phone or through the web). This is when you pick your service plan, options, etc. So you can change your mind, etc. It's also possible the available plans can change between you ordering the phone and when you sign up, etc.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!!
    Originally posted by tarzan
    Thanks!!
    I just bought my Treo 300 on April 16, 2003. You need to remember that if you want the "$350.00" rebate you need to be hooked up with the phone and PLAN off of the amazon website. If you donot want the rebate, than I would suggest to go a head and buy the phone...
    I purchased an amazon deal - and I "pre-selected" a rate plan which included $10 vision

now I have yet to get the hardware (hopefully by 21st) yet so have not activated the phone will I now be forced into the increased vision price of $15? This seems like something worth negotiating with sprint over

As they gave no indication that the vision was going to increase I would hope a grandfather caluse would remain - if anyone has been sucessful please let me know
    Does anyone know if I have to buy the phone and the plan from Amazon at the same time?

I bought the phone two days ago, and realized my error when I read the fine print (thought I'd read it pretty closely before I hit "buy" but...)

I really want that rebate. Should I buy the phone again, with a plan this time, and return the first Treo whenever I receive it?
    Originally posted by saffreth
    Does anyone know if I have to buy the phone and the plan from Amazon at the same time?

I bought the phone two days ago, and realized my error when I read the fine print (thought I'd read it pretty closely before I hit "buy" but...)

I really want that rebate. Should I buy the phone again, with a plan this time, and return the first Treo whenever I receive it?
    This is how I did it. If you want a rebate from amazon.com for $150.00 you need to buy the Treo 300 and a service plan from Sprint on the "Amazon website". In addition if you want to get the $200.00 rebate from Sprint you need buy the plan and be with them for about 1 year.