1.    #1  
    I tried this question in the support forum, but to no avail. So, I'll try it here:

I'm new to the Treo 300, but I noticed that it doesn't display caller ID information for unknown numbers until I actually answer the call. By unknown numbers, I just mean ones I don't have stored on the Treo, not ones where there is no caller ID info available. This seems to defeat the purpose of caller ID as I have to answer the call before I know who is calling. Just wondering if there is a way to change this or if it is by design. I'm guessing it can't possibly be by design as every other caller ID device on the planet seems to show the information when the phone starts ringing.

- Thanks
    From another discussion forum, I found out that this is an inherent problem with the Treo. The issue was addressed on the Treo website, but when try to find the link on the site it is no longer there.

Not all phones have this problem but many do. The solution....daily soft resets. Try a soft reset on the phone and make a call from an "unknown" number. Your problem should be solved, but likely only temporarily. I have made it a habit to reset my phone each nite when I put it to bed (on the charger). If you are not satisfied with that solution, Sprint will very likely swap your phone for a different phone.

Hope this solves your problem.
  3.    #3  
    One of the Directors at work here just picked up the 300 and he didn't have the problem this morning when I spoke with him. The only difference between his phone and mine is that I was using Ringo for my ring tones. So, I simply uninstalled Ringo, and the problem was solved!

Thanks
    Wulguru,

I had a similar problem with TC Ringer. Exept that I was not able to answer the calls coming in under call waiting. I would simply hear the beep. I also intermittently could not hear the caller for a good 10 seconds. Uninstalling the app. fixe those issues.
    Originally posted by dspinelli
    Wulguru,

I had a similar problem with TC Ringer. Exept that I was not able to answer the calls coming in under call waiting. I would simply hear the beep. I also intermittently could not hear the caller for a good 10 seconds. Uninstalling the app. fixe those issues.
    I've had absolutely NO compatibility problems with TC Ringer but I did experience many mishaps with Ringo. WULGURU I think it would be worth your while to try out TC Ringer if you are looking to replace Ringo with a ringtone manager.
  6.    #6  
    Interestingly, the ringers I installed through Ringo stayed usable after uninstalling the software. So, I'm happy overall as I don't change my ringers much.