Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I've tried using Anvil Studio, but for some reason it's incredibly complicated to do what I want. All I want to do is edit down some MIDI files so that they are not larger than 9k. I just need to basically cut the ends off of some of them, but I can't figure out how to do that in Anvil. Anyone know how, or know of an easier program?
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    it's really pretty easy in anvil. just open the file you want to work on, start playing it, stop where you want, and from the file menu choose 'truncate' then whether you want to delete from the beginning to that point or from that point to the end. two operations and you're done.

remember to save as a midi type 0
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Wow, yea that was easy... I guess I just didn't know what 'truncate' ment. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Ok so the file has to be 9k or smaller, but if its still over 30 seconds is that going to be a problem? I just got a file down to 8k, but its 37 seconds long..
    you just have to try it to find out. in some cases it could be just fine. in one case, we found that playing a long file 6-8 times in a row caused a crash... but by that time i was sick of the song anyway!!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.