Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a program that will automatically put the phone keypad on the screen when I open the phone? I know there are programs that will go to the Phone list program, but that means the speed dial buttons.

There are times I'd like to get to the keypad without having to cycle through.

Thanks,
    Ken
    No. But just start dialing on the physical keypad. It will enter the numbers.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Yea that's kind of annoying, sometimes I just want to see the actual phone keypad instead of a list of names to chose from when I open the flip... oh well, I use the keyboard to dial anyway so its no big deal.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    maybe someone could create a hack. perhaps pdaapps! we could call it dialpad hack!!
  5.    #5  
    I know I can dial on the physical keypad, but it's really too small and hard to use in some applications.
    Actually I do see a method for doing that.

// Launch the phone application and display the kaypad (sic) view.
    #define phoneAppLaunchCmdViewKeypad (sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase+7)

I'll make an app for it. Or if someone else wants to, just look in HsAppLaunchCmd.h.
    Whew, just wanted to get this BETA out before I went to bed -- too much coffee today. Have to live with the banana man icon for now.

This project is currently two applications. A config application which is used to select the default screen, and an application which when launched will launch the phone app with the desired default screen.

I figure in the future there may be other apps where default screens are wanted, and additional stub apps can be added to the project. I wanted to get it all into one app, but unfortunately there aren't db launch provisions in many places, such as buttons-t and so it would defeat the purpose to have the db launch technique.

Anyways, I've added the easy ones; Speed Dial, Keypad, and Call History. The Contacts I guess I will add later, it's a little harder because it uses the addr API.

Usage, just install tsconfig.prc and tsphone.prc. Run "TS Config" and make the desired setting. And then set "TS Phone" as your buttons-t lid open application.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/work/treoscreens.zip
    potatoho,
    I don't know if I want it, but I am going to install it simply because that was the fastest development cycle I have ever seen. Wow.
    Fin
    potatoho,
    I just downloaded the zip, and it seems to be either empty or corrupted.
    Fin
  10.    #10  
    potatoho,

Downloaded it and it works! Thank you very much.

Ken
    Something I'd love to see is being able to set one of the 4 buttons to not only bring up the applications(I currently have the far right button as my 'home' button bringing up the applications and you can use it to cycle through the application categories) but to have it on a particular category. For example, the button second from right that by default brings up blazer, instead bring up the app category I have set for 'web utilities.' In that category I have Blazer, Snapper, Verichat, and Xiino. I'd much rather be able to push that button and get to that page, instead of just Blazer. For someone that knows what they are doing, sounds like that would be as easy to hack as the phone one.. Anyway, that's something I'd like to have, because when away from home I have to check email/connect to the net a lot. So that would be nice to have.
    Simple and effective and works as advertised.

Thank you!

Cheers
    Rees
    Originally posted by Shady12
    Something I'd love to see is being able to set one of the 4 buttons to not only bring up the applications(I currently have the far right button as my 'home' button bringing up the applications and you can use it to cycle through the application categories) but to have it on a particular category. For example, the button second from right that by default brings up blazer, instead bring up the app category I have set for 'web utilities.' In that category I have Blazer, Snapper, Verichat, and Xiino. I'd much rather be able to push that button and get to that page, instead of just Blazer. For someone that knows what they are doing, sounds like that would be as easy to hack as the phone one.. Anyway, that's something I'd like to have, because when away from home I have to check email/connect to the net a lot. So that would be nice to have.
    Sorry, I don't see any API for launching the launcher with a preset category. The phone application already supports launching with different default screens, it was designed and documented to allow that.

Obviously there is at least one way to do the launcher w/ a particular category, but I haven't found where it is documented. It has an option for remembering the last category, so I presume it is possible to change the "last" category preference and then launch the launcher. It's just that I don't know the preference # etc. Errg, in writing this email I went to dump the saved preferences and launcher only uses one which is 6 bytes, so it is quite obvious where this info is.

If I get some time I'll investigate further.
    That would be awesome if you could do that if you ever have time.
    That would be awesome if you could do that if you ever have time.
    Ok first attempt. It's kinda lame, I mean I have to add a whole .prc for every thing which needs to be launched. Here's the layout:

tsconfig.prc let's you make configuration changes.

tsphone.prc is the stub to launch phone app with configured screen.

tslaunch1.prc is the stub to bring up launcher with the configured category #1.
    tslaunch2.prc is the stub to bring up launcher with the configured category #2.
    tslaunch3.prc is the stub to bring up launcher with the configured category #3.

So to bring up launcher with a particular category, you would go into tsconfig and set the appropriate category. And then you would use tslaunch1 2 or 3.

It is also required that your launcher be set up to remember the last category. Options->Preferences->Remember Last Category.

That's the layout of TreoScreens. Basically it will be a bunch of different .prc files, and you would only install the ones you want to use. Tsconfig will be used for configuration of them all.

Still need to get some icons etc.

I couldn't seem to get it to work right. I'd set one with a button, but say I'd push another first, the one that opens up datebook, and then when I push the button I set to tslaunch1 it would bring up datebook. If I was to push the button set to blazer then press the one set to tslaunch1 it would bring up blazer. And it was making the unit crash.
    I couldn't seem to get it to work right.
    I messed up. It needed an EventLoop, thought I could do without.

Yee ha works great, thanks!
    potatoho,

thank you for creating such a nice app
    and of course thank everyone who came up w/ the idea and testing the app. it works great!

I was looking for a way to "jump" to main screen. The blue button+home is too slow

cheers

justdoit2
    Thanks potatoho!!

I've been looking for a way to jump directly to the Call History for a little while now. I just tried your app and it works great!

Call History is really usefull and underated , and being able to access it with a single button makes it all that more useful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast