1.    #1  
    The question?.....Where would you go to get a busy signal all day long on their customer service lines.
    All day today I have been trying to contact SPRINT regarding my inability to access the Vision services, both on my cell phone via *2 and on my hardwired phone. What kinda phone company can't even keep lines open for thier customers to contact them on?......Let me tell you what kind...uncaring and
    RINKY DINK!!!!!!(comment edited to protect sensitive eyes)

Elsewhere on the net is a huge website dedicated to POOR Sprint customer service and relations, I wish I had been there before I purchased 2 phones from this company in 2 months, Samsung A500 then a Treo300.
    To anyone thinking of joining Sprint....DO A SEARCH first!

I started the day meerly miffed....but as the day has gone by I have become supreamly(sp)? pissed....There is no excuse for no answer/busy signal at customer service all day!!!! At least 18 try's and counting. Hmmmmmm!...maybe the service is that bad!

Steve

PS...I love my Treo300....oh...and sorry for the rant
    HoofheartedinPR???

I DID
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    as a long time spring user, i'll attest that their customer service is mediocre at best.

but i've also never had a problem getting ahold of someone. sure, i have to deal with the annoyance of "Claire", but the minute she picks up i just tell her "get me a real person", and within a few minutes, there's someone there.

jumping through hoops is part of the game, but a perpetual busy signal is not something i've ever experienced. hopefully it's an isolated problem for you, and doesn't happen again.

on a related note, i sometimes have a hard time connecting to the vision service - but i just turn off the wireless mode, then turn it back on, and things seem to work fine after that.

peace,
    Tree
    I have never had a problem with service even with many (often extremely technical) problems.
    I would say, be happy that no one answered. You would then be frustrated even more!

I have had Sprint service for a month and I absolutely love the Treo and the Sprint phone/data network (I just turn the wireless service off and on if I ever lose connection, which is rarely).

However, the customer service is horrible, and that's being kind.

They screwed up my activation, screwed up my first bill, and while I was trying to get this all straightened out, they were rude as hell to me. No follow up. No call backs when requested. I must have spent 500 air minutes on resolving issues and getting the run around.

This whole rebate thing is bogus too. I got my phone in mid March when there was a $50 rebate. Before I sent it in, a new rebate of $200 shows up! I call trying to get them to give me the new rebate as a gesture of good will for all their screw ups but all they did was give me the run around between two different rebate centers for 2 weeks. I had to chase them down, none of them would even call me back. In the end, they didn't do the right thing and refused the rebate to me and was nasty about it to boot!

I really wish AT&T got their high speed data act together with a reasonable price. I would switch in a heartbeat.

Sprint just doesn't give a s*!t about customers!
    Originally posted by hoofheartedinpr
    The question?.....Where would you go to get a busy signal all day long on their customer service lines.
    All day today I have been trying to contact SPRINT regarding my inability to access the Vision services, both on my cell phone via *2 and on my hardwired phone. What kinda phone company can't even keep lines open for thier customers to contact them on?......Let me tell you what kind...uncaring and
    RINKY DINK!!!!!!(comment edited to protect sensitive eyes)

Elsewhere on the net is a huge website dedicated to POOR Sprint customer service and relations, I wish I had been there before I purchased 2 phones from this company in 2 months, Samsung A500 then a Treo300.
    To anyone thinking of joining Sprint....DO A SEARCH first!

I started the day meerly miffed....but as the day has gone by I have become supreamly(sp)? pissed....There is no excuse for no answer/busy signal at customer service all day!!!! At least 18 try's and counting. Hmmmmmm!...maybe the service is that bad!

Steve

PS...I love my Treo300....oh...and sorry for the rant
    Sorry but the other phone companies are just as bad or worse...
  6. dji
    I must disagree with Predator. Having dealt with several companies, my experience with Nextel stands out. In contrast, they are available, courteous, always helpful, and fair. Of course, they do not support Treo, but they are an excellent company and have the best speakerphone available.
    Jedi,

I had the same problem...and I was within the two week return period. After getting hung up on, told their computer were down (for a week) and then put on hold for 25 minutes. I got someone who said they gave me the credit.

They didn't...I returned the phones and bought new ones with the bigger rebate. They screwed up the activation, didn't turn on my Vision services, didn't credit the rebate again...what a joy.

I kept calling...kept asking for supervisors...finally (I think) they got it right. One rep told me that the "computer down" thing was just so they didn't have to deal with a call (what a shock!). When I told the rep that several times I was told their were no supervisors in the building...she laughed.

I wonder if anyone at Sprint is proud about the job they do or the service they provide. The others may be just as bad...what does that say?

It's no wonder that Sprint is one of the companies fighting tooth and nail against mobile phone number portability.

...ken
    Sprint=unlimited data

Id rather "deal with them" a few times a year than get charged $40-$100 a month for mb usage.

-rob
    but i would rather pay $40 a month for data then $200 in wireless web overage for a lot of data use

sprint pcs is bull****
    Originally posted by quake8
    but i would rather pay $40 a month for data then $200 in wireless web overage for a lot of data use

sprint pcs is bull****
    I'm they'd rather have customers use their service legitimately and not abuse it.
    My experience with Sprint customer service has been excellent in the 4 years I have been a customer. I've found that it helps to follow 3 rules:

1) ALWAYS ask to speak to the Retention Department (if necessary, tell the regular CSR that you are going to cancel). The Retention Dept. has the most helpful, honest and knowledgable CSR's in the company. If they tell you that they won't switch you to Retention, hang up and call back.

2) Once you've worked out the issue, ask the CSR to put a note in your file. If they offered you a credit, ask them to note it and then read the note back to you. I negotiated a good plan a few months back and had the CSR put detailed notes in my account. When it came time to activate my new Treo, I never would have gotten the plan had the notes not been in my file.

3) Last but not least - be polite. It does you more harm than good to get pissy with them. If you bite your tongue, are friendly, polite (and even mention how hard it must be for them to keep all of these crazy plans straight) I think you'll find that the CSR will be accomodating.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by sprintster
    My experience with Sprint customer service has been excellent in the 4 years I have been a customer. I've found that it helps to follow 3 rules:

1) ALWAYS ask to speak to the Retention Department (if necessary, tell the regular CSR that you are going to cancel). The Retention Dept. has the most helpful, honest and knowledgable CSR's in the company. If they tell you that they won't switch you to Retention, hang up and call back.

2) Once you've worked out the issue, ask the CSR to put a note in your file. If they offered you a credit, ask them to note it and then read the note back to you. I negotiated a good plan a few months back and had the CSR put detailed notes in my account. When it came time to activate my new Treo, I never would have gotten the plan had the notes not been in my file.

3) Last but not least - be polite. It does you more harm than good to get pissy with them. If you bite your tongue, are friendly, polite (and even mention how hard it must be for them to keep all of these crazy plans straight) I think you'll find that the CSR will be accomodating.
    The whole point of my rant was that I could not even get to your step #1)...But I agree with all you have said.
    PS///// like magic all is working again....except I still cannot even get an answer on either customer service line.

Steve
    HoofheartedinPR???

I DID
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Don't worry too much, Sprint PCS is actually trying to improve their customer service for the year 2003 because of the poor ratings they've gotten the past few years, so hopefully things will start to get better.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    poor ratings
    Not only poor, but dead last according to consumer reports. I've been smartphoning since may '01 with both Verizon and SPCS. During that time, the only time I've called CS was to check on my rebate. This website and smartphonesource.com has provided all the tech support I've needed.
    David
    There is another current thread here which will give you phone numbers which are easier to get through on. Look it up. It's called "Here are SprintPCS direct phone numbers- NO WAITING ON HOLD!!!" I even added a few phone numbers too. I believe using these phone numbers will help you alot.

There has been good advice given here too.

Good luck
    Rees
    One simple secret of getting good customer service is not to call them when everybody else has the same notion.

Rule #1: Do not call on Monday and expect a fast answer

Rule #2: Do not call the day after a holiday.

Sometimes Fridays can be slow too because the call centers put on so much staff to deal with all the people who call on Monday that they staff low on Friday.

I always wait a bit and call on Tuesday or in the middle of the week and have almost zero wait. It saves frustration all round to avoid pack behavior and get your problem sorted out quickly rather than waiting on hold fuming.