1.    #1  
    Has anyone been successful at installing a Japanese operating system on the Treo. I have a Treo 300 and would like to give J-OS a try but am aftraid of damaging the system. Does anyone have any experience with this that could point me in the right direction? Thank you!
    I use CJKOS for Chinese and I have been happy with it. It apparently also supports Japanese but since I don't know Japanese, I can't try it out. You can check it out here.
  3.    #3  
    CJKOS looks interesting, thanks Maniac8888. I wrote to Yamada Tatsushi, the author of J-OS, who confirmed that it does indeed work on the Treo 300. It's quite large however (with the kanji dictionaries), so CJKOS may be a viable alternative for me. I'll load it up as soon as I get the courage.

Originally posted by Maniac8888
    I use CJKOS for Chinese and I have been happy with it. It apparently also supports Japanese but since I don't know Japanese, I can't try it out. You can check it out here.
  4. viturin
    Hi Maniac8888,

can you also send/receive Chinese SMS? I am using a TREO 600... CJKOS works fine for me except that send CHinese SMS's are received as scrambled-up chrs.

--Viturin
    I use the Treo600 version of J-OS and it works very well. CJKOS doesn't support Japanese kanji input out of the box, though I think Tatsushi-san has an IME plugin for it. The J-OS IME isn't as intelligent as say the Windows IME, but so long as you know what you're typing, it isn't bad at all.

There should be a trial version, so I would recommend at least trying it.