1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me how to use the keyboard to navigate the launcher tabs and to select and launch a program using LaucherX please?
    I just bought a Treo 90 and have run into the same problem. Anyone out there solved it yet?
    There is a hack out there that is still in beta called TreoJogKeyShorts and specifically address LauncherX as well as many other great features.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rwhitby/

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...eojogkeyshorts
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    That looks like it will work for those Treos with a jog dial, but the Treo 90 doesn't have one. Anymore suggestions?
    Last edited by bryantthesmith; 06/24/2003 at 10:24 PM.
    Sorry, forgot the treo 90 doesn't have a jog dial.....
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    TreoKeys looks like it does the job. It is a hack that when activated allows you to do shift+key combination to navigate. shift+w and shift+z select icons in tabs and shift+a and shift+d cycle though tab. The enter key launches the app.
    Originally posted by bryantthesmith
    That looks like it will work for those Treos with a jog dial, but the Treo 90 doesn't have one. Anymore suggestions?
    As stated in the README.txt file, Option+Period emulates the Jog-push, and scroll-up and scroll-down emulate jog-up and jog-down.

TJKS is fully compatible with the Treo90, thanks to a couple of T90 beta testers.

-- Rod (author of TreoJogKeyShorts)
    As stated in the README.txt file, Option+Period emulates the Jog-push, and scroll-up and scroll-down emulate jog-up and jog-down.

TJKS is fully compatible with the Treo90, thanks to a couple of T90 beta testers.
    According to this, the README.txt file and the FAQ on the LauncherX site I should be able to use the Sony commands for the jog dial in LauncherX. This means that when I scroll up and scroll down it should highlight icons, menu+period should select and menu+space should deselect. On my Treo 90 I get the following behaviour.
    Scrollup and Scrolldown: Move to next screen(tab).
    menu+period: nothing
    menu+space: nothing
    shift+scroll: nothing

The functionality described in the datebook+ section of the README.txt works great. It just doesn't seem to like LauncherX. In other posts here people have gotten it to work. Maybe it's just a T90 thing?

According to this, the README.txt file and the FAQ on the LauncherX site I should be able to use the Sony commands for the jog dial in LauncherX. This means that when I scroll up and scroll down it should highlight icons, menu+period should select and menu+space should deselect. On my Treo 90 I get the following behaviour.

The functionality described in the datebook+ section of the README.txt works great. It just doesn't seem to like LauncherX. In other posts here people have gotten it to work. Maybe it's just a T90 thing?
    Thanks for this bug report - I'll look into it this weekend. I guess my existing T90 beta tester doesn't use LauncherX :-) Send me an email if you would like to be my other T90 beta tester ...

It should be doing Menu+Period to move between tabs, then scroll down to select and menu+Period to run. Scrolling back up to the top deselects and allows you to move between tabs again.

Well, I just tested it again on the Treo90 emulator, and it works as I decsribed. Option+Period (hold option down, while pressing period (full stop, decimal point), then release period, then release option) will move between tabs. Scroll-down will highlight the next application in a tab, and when an application is selected, then Option+Period will execute that application. Scroll-up past the first application to get back into tab movement mode.

Does this not work as described for you ? If not, tell me what Option+Period and the scroll keys do on your T90 in Launcher X (version 1.02) when TreoJogKeyShorts is loaded.

-- Rod

On my Treo 90 I get the following behaviour.
    Be careful to differentiate between Menu and Option. Two very different keys (and TJKS uses them both). I said "Option" in the README.txt and you have said "Menu" in return in your post.
    Oops, you're right I did put menu. In LauncherX I can't tell if option+period emulates the jog push, because I can't select any app icons using the scroll buttons. If you ever need me to test anything let me know. You can email me at bryantthesmith(at)yahoo.com. I tried emailing you a few days ago at software.treojogkeyshorts@rwhitby.net but my email didn't get through. Thanks for your help so far.

Bryant
    Oops, you're right I did put menu. In LauncherX I can't tell if option+period emulates the jog push, because I can't select any app icons using the scroll buttons. If you ever need me to test anything let me know. You can email me at bryantthesmith(at)yahoo.com. I tried emailing you a few days ago at software.treojogkeyshorts@rwhitby.net but my email didn't get through. Thanks for your help so far.

Bryant
    I wondered why I wasn't getting much email. The email redirection for rwhitby.net was deleted by my provider (and is still not there). Thanks for letting me know.

-- Rod