1.    #1  
    I need to install Palm Desktop on a new PC, but I misplaced my SprintPCS disk and the bastards want $15 for a new one (Sprint has no software downloads apparantly- it is a prehistoric operation)

I figured I could download it from Handspring.com, but according to the Handspring web site, the 4.01 is download is for the 180 and the 270. It says you're supposed to contact sprint for the 300.

I bet there's no difference between the downloads, just a contractual issue between sprint and Handspring, but before I take the plunge I wanted to hear from others who've tried it.
    I use the Handspring Palm Desktop for the Mac. It is the only one that will give a Mac User true USB support. If I were you, I would go ahead and use the Handspring one. It should work fine. Alternatively, doesn't the latest download from Palm work as well?
    I installed the one from Palm in order to properly update the ePocrates Rx program. It worked just fine.

Zane
    Originally posted by paulshu
    I need to install Palm Desktop on a new PC, but I misplaced my SprintPCS disk and the bastards want $15 for a new one (Sprint has no software downloads apparantly- it is a prehistoric operation)

I figured I could download it from Handspring.com, but according to the Handspring web site, the 4.01 is download is for the 180 and the 270. It says you're supposed to contact sprint for the 300.

I bet there's no difference between the downloads, just a contractual issue between sprint and Handspring, but before I take the plunge I wanted to hear from others who've tried it.
    The download section of Handspring is open to all owners of their products and does not exclude the Treo 300. Only support questions are passed off to SprintPCS (and Handspring gave me a workaround for that too if it involves Palm-side functions and not the phone use.) I own a Treo 300 and use the Handspring site all the time.

But, if you have trouble accessing it as a 300 owner, just go in through the 270 icon.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!