1.    #1  
    I have been accessing my AOL e-mail through my Treo 300 through AOL for Palm software, but the dial up charges are killing me!

Can anyone offer advice on a better alternative?

In advance, thank you for your assistance!

Tim Clark
    you should not be having dial-up charges. you need to tell aol for palm to access through the vision connection. i don't use aol's software but plenty of folks on here do. i think you need to be on aol for palm 3.0 (corrected, as per later post) which might be your issue.

i use pocketflash, which i had bought before aol came out with the new version that connects on the vision network. it works like a charm so i have not spent the $20 for aol's software. pocketflash cost $25 so its not like i saved money, but why spend more?

in any event, pocketflash and aol for palm 3.0 both use unlimited vision access not dial-up
    Last edited by aarons12; 04/10/2003 at 05:14 AM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Have you tried VIA Blazer mobile.aol.com
    Originally posted by TClark1001
    I have been accessing my AOL e-mail through my Treo 300 through AOL for Palm software, but the dial up charges are killing me!

Can anyone offer advice on a better alternative?

In advance, thank you for your assistance!

Tim Clark
    If you are using AOL 3.0 for palm, you need to change your "location" to "another ISP". This will allow you to use your Sprint Vision to connect without the surcharges.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone