Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Sooooo... has anyone had any success in going to their Sprint store to get this new firmware upgrade, since it's supposedly release date? Am I going to be the first to try?

I checked the web site this morning but didn't see it there. Is it there now?

[edit]...is it today or wednesday? I just looked back a few and saw the 18th, but I thought I had also previously read the 16th.

- Mike
    Firmware and Prl can be ugraded at a sprint store. Firmware 1.21 ROM 151 will be released on 6/18/2003
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    From what I read it will only be available via Manage. http://www.sprintpcs.com/manageThe Stores will notbe doing this update.

Cliffy
    Treo 300 Owner since DEC '02
    XM Owner since Aug '02
    let me chack on that, but i do believe you can come to the store.
    sprintpcstech, can you answer a couple of questions:

1) Is this officially released on the 18th such that all stores will have it and know about it or should I call ahead before trudging down to one of the stores?

2) Is there (or will there be) a documented list of changes made with this firmware? If not, can you list them for us?

Thanks,

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    1) Is this officially released on the 18th such that all stores will have it and know about it or should I call ahead before trudging down to one of the stores?

1) It is supposed to be official, but I can tell you some techs may forget so it would be good I deal to call first and make sure they have upgraded there systems.

2)Usually they will give me a list of changes, and if i do i will share them
    Less than 10 more minutes till the 18th!!!! I'm so excited
    I wouldn't count on it being a timed release... it'll prolly be added tomorrow morning, if we're lucky.

- Mike
    I just got off the phone with a Srint rep (10:30pm-PST) who said that the new firmware won't be released for another two weeks?!!!!!!! Oh jeez. I've been hearing that since they released the Treo 300 (Agust-02')!! Oh well...
    well that sucks.. hopefully that rep didn't know what he/she was talking about :/
    Originally posted by 003oret
    I just got off the phone with a Srint rep (10:30pm-PST) who said that the new firmware won't be released for another two weeks?!!!!!!!
    Oh well, then I guess I'll go to bed
    Just checked on the Sprint Mange page and there's no software update available that I can find.
    In addition...our Sprint Service here in Martha's Vineyard, MA has completely gone away. Worked last night...no sign of service this morning.

Ahh...come on number portability...get here!
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    Just checked on the Sprint Mange page and there's no software update available that I can find.
    In addition...our Sprint Service here in Martha's Vineyard, MA has completely gone away. Worked last night...no sign of service this morning.

Ahh...come on number portability...get here!

They checked their website and Handspring's website and couldn't find anything. "Maybe it is something that is coming out."

Morons.
    Here is the "official" word from a Sprint applications guy:

"There was no hard date given for release of Treo upgrade...so to say it is delayed would really inaccurate. We
    are given windows for deployment, as you software release are rarely written in stone."
    Same old Sprint. Same old BS. Oh well.

- Mike
    I'd like to hear from all those people who got quoted the "hard date" of 6/18/03!

What are those same stores/reps saying now?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    As a rep the only thing we can do is go by what is posted. The reps have no control over what happens above us. We, like you, can just go with the flow. We have access to alot of non public information, but in the end it all works out the same. We end up knowing just as much as you in most cases.

cliffy
    I work for Sprint but I do not speak for them.
    Treo 300 Owner since DEC '02
    XM Owner since Aug '02
    He said it is "only available on sprintpcs.com". He couldn't find it, so he's calling someone to "see what the story is."

Somebody should start a soap opera about this company.

Now I'm getting the run around on where to find the upgrade on sprintpcs.com.
    Originally posted by sprintpcstech
    Now I'm getting the run around on where to find the upgrade on sprintpcs.com.
    Ahh... poetic justice I've heard from one of our local store techs that the "run around" is pretty much the rule--even for them.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast