Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    It's number 2 all the way.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I'll take 1, 2, 3, and 4
    Called my local store and asked the tech about the ROM/firmware upgrade for the Treo. He said "what upgrade?" and also mentioned that, if there was one, he would have no way to install it -- there is no cable in the shop that fits the Treo!
    I definetly believe this is going to be an executable you run yourself.
    Originally posted by JoeGuru
    I'll report back in a couple of hours.
    Maybe Joe had to sign an NDA to get the upgrade
    OK, for those of you who picked #2 and #3, your Ethiopian Express card will be credited 3 Botswana Pula (less a 3.5% service fee).

I, too, got the "it will be out June 18" pony dance. But they *do* seem to know about it, they just don't seem to care.

Meanwhile, PCS Vision tech support will continue to tell you that "the reason you are dropping calls is that your firmware hasn't been updated--so go to hel... er a Sprint Store."

I'm still not done yet. I have one more stone left unturned. I'll report back tomorrow after an early morning call.

The good news is they all now know about it. However, I think they still want to try and sabotage as much of their own business as they possibly can before conceding.

[something was in the Dr. Pepper at Denny's tonight
    Last edited by JoeGuru; 05/14/2003 at 10:17 AM.
    Times up!

Did you find out anything new?
    I was at a Sprint store two days ago and the rep knew nothing of a firmware upgrade. That doesn't mean there isn't one, just wanted to report that I had no luck. I visited the one in Frisco, TX.

Got a chance to help sell a Treo, but the guy didn't make his decision that afternoon.
    I would like to add to the no luck. I just got back from my local Sprint store and they said there was only the PRL update, no firmware upgrade.

- Mike
    how do we force a PRL update over the net?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I just got my phone replace by SPRINT with a brand new one and under phone info I found the following:

PRL version 10019.
    Firmware shows Rev. 1.02
    That's the current PRL and the old firmware. If I remember right from an earlier post, the new firmware should be something like 1.21.

- Mike
    OK, I've heard the same schtick at 3 stores. They are all saying that the firmware update is coming on June 18. I'm still trying to roger us up a copy sooner than that. There's this guy in State College PA that keeps nagging me about it
    Purely speculation (because the info. came from Sprint), but I've also heard that Sprint is to release the Samsung i500 on June 18th, which supposedly has an updated version of Blazer. Could it be that they are actually "coordinating" the new phone release & Treo software upgrade?
    Originally posted by fgkay
    Purely speculation (because the info. came from Sprint), but I've also heard that Sprint is to release the Samsung i500 on June 18th, which supposedly has an updated version of Blazer. Could it be that they are actually "coordinating" the new phone release & Treo software upgrade?
    Or perhaps just confusing the two.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    That's interesting. I'm a brand new Treo 300 owner. My phone was initially activated on 5/20/03.
    PRL: 10019
    Firnware Rev: 1.02
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    That's interesting, everytime I call *2 Sprint tells me I have the latest thats 18 not 19 ?
    So I have no Idea whats going on.
    Originally posted by jnjewlz
    That's interesting. I'm a brand new Treo 300 owner. My phone was initially activated on 5/20/03.
    PRL: 10019
    Firnware Rev: 1.02
    I just replaced my October-vintage Treo with a new one from Circuit City (under my protection plan), and it has the old PRL 10015 and Firmware 1.02. It hasn't been activated yet, though (been over 3.5 hours, and the Sprint rep said it was supposed to be done within 2 hours), so I guess it's possible the PRL will get auto-updated at some point?
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    It hasn't been activated yet, though (been over 3.5 hours, and the Sprint rep said it was supposed to be done within 2 hours), so I guess it's possible the PRL will get auto-updated at some point?
    Just a shot in the dark.. have you set the date/time on the device?
    Sprint told me tonight that current PRL version is 10019. I too have 10015. If you say to Claire "P R L Update" you'll get routed to a service rep who can take care of that.

Service guy says current firmware version is 1.02, which is what I have. New version will be 1.21, to be released some time after June 18th, the same date that other people have mentioned. You have to go to a service center to get new firmware, it can't be downloaded.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast