Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    If Sprint people read this board than
    WHEN ?
    WHERE ?
    And please let me know first...
    Thanks Sprint People
    Hey I work for sprint as a swatter, and I get people asking me all the time where's this mystery update (not to mention the lack of SMS... I point them to pdaapps.com in that case) I too have a treo, and have made numorous calls to KC, and no one there knows anything about a patch, ROM upgrade, or a hotfix. I'm guessing this is a handspring thing then... Either that or I was fired and I just didn't get the memo yet...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Maybe they just don't love you anymore? <G>
    Wishing there is one does not make it so. Even through Geoffrey's post allude to one based on some insider info, there will never be a release of anything other than PRL updates. This has been verified with the veeps of both Handspring and Sprint product dev/mgmt groups responsible for the Treo.

There will be a new Treo this Fall (Q4, in time for Xmas), and it will be the shiz. Pictures from FCC will show up late Aug or Sept., depending on timeframes, followed by a real marketing campaign (which the Treo has lacked).
    Originally posted by jawbreaker
    I have been having a lot of trouble with dropped calls recently...it turns out that I have outdated firmware and an old PRL...if you have also been experiencing problems, you should check yours...

You can check your versions by going to Menu -> Options -> Phone Info while in the phone application. My PRL is 10015 and my firmware is 1.02. According to Sprint, the current versions are 10018 for the PRL and ROM151 for the firmware. Sprint can update your PRL for you remotely...just call *2 on your phone...

Does anyone know how I can update the version of my firmware?
    Are there any other tips for preventing dropped calls / ensuring better reception (i.e. altering settings, removing programs that are known to interfere with the phone app)?

Thanks,
    Seth

P.S. - www.freewarepalm.com is a great place to get programs for your Treo...
    I'm having problems getting the Frimware upgrade. I called *2 and can't figure out what menu to chose?

Brian
    There is no update
    Wishing there is one does not make it so. Even through Geoffrey's post allude to one based on some insider info, there will never be a release of anything other than PRL updates. This has been verified with the veeps of both Handspring and Sprint product dev/mgmt groups responsible for the Treo.

There will be a new Treo this Fall (Q4, in time for Xmas), and it will be the shiz. Pictures from FCC will show up late Aug or Sept., depending on timeframes, followed by a real marketing campaign (which the Treo has lacked).
    ---------------

Well, that statement directly contradicts two folks who say they already have the firmware update.

Any follow-on comments from them?

Personally, if Sprint/Handspring don't release a firmware update for this product, considering the problems that need to be fixed, I'll be less inclined to purchase another product from them. So far they haven't shown much support with each side pointing to the other for support issues.
    I agree,
    I get fatal errors quite often and to tell us one thing and then say there is not such upgrade ? I don't understand...
    anyway what is the latest Firmware ?
    I am running 1.02
    What are you running ?
    Not to try and fuel the firmware update fire, but Iím on my third treo down here in VA and each time I have gotten a new one the tec lady at the sprint store has told me I needed a firmware update. She claims that handspring has recognized a few quirks with the treo and tells me I need to leave my phone with her for a half hour or so. All this while she is flashing a cd that she claims is from handspring. When I pick up the phone a half hour later the firmware tag and the prl# are always the same. Probably just a placebo so I do not come back to her with any complaints.

J.
    I do have the update (rev 1.21), though I'm beginning to wonder if/when it will be released, now that so much time has gone by. It does not solve every problem, but has solved a few for me. The udpate came to me from Sprint, not Handspring. BTW, my PRL is rev 10018.
    Well how about a slow leak.....
    If there are people from Sprint reading this board how about a post on the subject?

Actually, this is exactly the same kind of support owners of the Kyocera 6035 got from Sprint.

Hey, they're the low cost provider...hardware support isn't really much of a priority for them. You don't complain to the "chef" at McDonalds that your hamburger isn't medium rare...and you just shouldn't bother with calling Sprint asking for or expecting support.
    If it means anything, Sprint's "tier-2" tech support folks (the ones who are supposedly "experts" on Treo's) have no knowledge of any pending or planned firmware upgrade. This comes from 2 different calls I've placed to them in recent days in an attempt to find out if the patch is fact or fiction. Also, after some research, Sprint Executive Services called me back today and said the same thing.

I had hoped the release was "fact", as I'd give the Treo another try after dumping mine late last year due to constant problems.

As to the folks who reportedly have the patch in-hand, I can only guess that if it's for real, it must have been the most closely guarded, triple-top-secret software development project since the breaking of the Enigma code in WWII!
    Hey, folks that have the patch.

How about sending/posting a screenshot with the firmware rev on it?
    Gladly. I don't have a screenshot program on my Treo, but will look for one.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by kschoenberg
    Hey, folks that have the patch.

How about sending/posting a screenshot with the firmware rev on it?
    Here it is. Sorry, but I felt it necessary to black out my phone number.

Geoffrey
    Trying again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hay !!!
    I think I can make out his phone #
    It looks like its starts with a 202 ?
    Geoffrey,

Thank you!

Sure looks like there really is a ROM upgrade out there. I bought my Treo less than a month ago and it came with 1.02.

Now, whether or not we'll ever see the patch is another question.

Anyway, thanks for passing on the information. It's appreciated.

Maybe if I get some red shoes and click my heels together 3 times...and say "I wish I had the upgrade...I wish I had the upgrade...I wish I had the upgrade" some nice person from Sprint will either post it on the Sprint site or maybe, just maybe email it to me

Ken
    I believe gmaugham, but you all do realize that a screenshot like the one he posted could be easily faked, don't you? A better verification would be for him to take a digital photo of his Treo with that screen showing. That, too, could be faked but it would be a bit harder to do.

Scott
    I knew someone would make a comment like this. Send me a digital camera and I'll do it.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by Scott R
    I believe gmaugham, but you all do realize that a screenshot like the one he posted could be easily faked, don't you? A better verification would be for him to take a digital photo of his Treo with that screen showing. That, too, could be faked but it would be a bit harder to do.

Scott
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast