Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I'll believe it when I see it. I may be old and gray ... (well, old anyway ... already too much gray!)
    Thanks for the continuing info, gmaugham
    Patch me PLEASE !!!!!!
    I need this to stop crashing most of the time with the sprint mail...
    No Blazer stability fixes , no SMS fix (about 25% of SMSs = resets, if i am doing anything else with the palm at the time), no specific mention of RBOD or hyperdrain issues, no SMS sender built in?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rkassim
    No Blazer stability fixes , no SMS fix (about 25% of SMSs = resets, if i am doing anything else with the palm at the time), no specific mention of RBOD or hyperdrain issues, no SMS sender built in?
    Ever since I installed Trapweaver, I've had about ONE or TWO resets in the past 2 months.
    The information I posted is all I have. If there are other things "fixed" or "improved," I don't have the documentation on it.

I'm sorry, but I am not allowed to post or send the upgrade.

I will say that my data connection speeds appear to have almost doubled. Using bmeter I was previously getting roughly 7000 bytes/sec. Now I'm getting roughly 12000. This is with bmeter configured with an 8k packet size.

Geoffrey
    Any word on when, how, where for this firmware update?
    And let's hope it gets released before this model is obsolete! IMHO, this firmware upgrade should have been released months ago along with the Sprint-promised support for SMS messaging.
    Originally posted by RWEckhoff
    Any word on when, how, where for this firmware update?
    If you'll read earlier on you'll see it's going to be posted on the Sprint site and the best we know from date is "soon."

Geoffrey
    I just returned from the Sprint Store near Wall Street to pick up a new charger.

I spoke with the techs there and they are not aware of any new firmware. He said my PRL needs to be updated but I declined.

What's the real skinny on this?
    In my experience the techs in the Sprint stores never know things as quickly as they're reported on this board.

I have the upgrade installed and it is supposed to be posted on Sprint's site "soon."

Geoffrey

Originally posted by RWEckhoff
    I spoke with the techs there and they are not aware of any new firmware. He said my PRL needs to be updated but I declined.

What's the real skinny on this?
    I'm wondering why SprintPCS never released a downloadable firmware upgrader ever.... hmmm

Are the PRL updates done over the air?
    You can get a PRL upgrade done over the air for the Treo 300. The firmware upgrade also upgraded my PRL to 10018.

Geoffrey
    Whats the latest PRL and firmware?
    Had to call Sprint on another matter. Asked to be transferred to technical support for the 300. When I asked about a ROM upgrade I was told that there is none, and there is none planned.

So, I figure it'll be out by the weekend.

Anyone heard anything more on the update?
    Nothing yet. Though I haven't looked on SprintPCS.com.

Geoffrey
    I checked the site and no go. Something seems fishy to me. Why would someone leak out the info but be hesitant to leak out the file....hmmmmm. I mean who cares people here are pretty much anonymous. Here's my email if you want to send it hav0k99(at)hotmail.com.
    Because I was given permission to leak the info. This board is read by Sprint people and I don't wish to jeopardize my source.

Sorry.

Geoffrey
    Geoffrey,

You have nothing to apologize for! Thank you for reporting about the patch in the first place! Hopefully, the patch fixes a number of the bugs and is ready for distribution.

Ken
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast