Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Originally posted by pcampbell

No problem here using Eudora/Web 2.1.
    works for me too.
    My Treo300's EudoraWeb is dead after the firmware upgrade.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I tried deleting the eudoraweb prc and reinstalling it, but that didn't do it.

I'm not that experienced at troubleshooting on this thing yet. Any pointers/methods/ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by rocketweb
    Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I tried deleting the eudoraweb prc and reinstalling it, but that didn't do it.
    It's probably missing a support library or something. Perhaps installing the whole Eudora Suite again would work.
    Originally posted by 003oret
    what a piece of friggin shiznit!! seriously, all this waiting for nothing. i notice NO difference what soever with new firmware. hmff. whatever...
    If it's any consolation, I for one thank all of youz for taking the walk through the minefield so that the rest of us don't have to suffer the same consequences.
    David
    Originally posted by massaloch
    Well I got home and with the treo in my pocket for fifteen minutes (where it sometimes drifts in and out of service) Lo! the Red Blink Of Death. Oh well.
    Just checking up.. any more RBODs? Just to be sure, that is where it stays blinking red even if you go into a known coverage area for a few minutes. Then after a pin reset it is fine.

Still no RBOD for me with this update. Turbo drain, yes.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Originally posted by potatoho

Just checking up.. any more RBODs? Just to be sure, that is where it stays blinking red even if you go into a known coverage area for a few minutes. Then after a pin reset it is fine.

Yep, I just had one. I installed the upgrade last night and got my first RBOD just now.

RBOD definitely manifests itself by continuing to blinking red after turning wireless mode off. This makes the name Red Blink of Death all the more appropriate.

Mark
    Originally posted by massaloch
    RBOD definitely manifests itself by continuing to blinking red after turning wireless mode off. This makes the name Red Blink of Death all the more appropriate.
    I've mentioned this in the past, but I'll go ahead and mention it again...

I've gotten the "light keeps blinking even after I turn off the phone" syndrome on multiple occassions. Every time, if I hold down the power button to turn the phone back on, then hold the power button down again (even while the pop-up window which says it's trying to acquire a signal is still showing) to turn the phone back off, it goes away. I've never had to do a soft reset to get rid of it.

Scott
    Last edited by Scott R; 06/21/2003 at 09:17 AM.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Update:

I received a Treo from Handspring to test with. It does not have the problems I had with the old one. If anything, battery life seems to have improved a little. It is better at making and holding connections. Data throughput seems faster.

So they do seem to have found the cure for the problem.

More as it becomes available.
    The new Treo I received from Handspring has 10018 in it, and all works fine. There doesn't appear to be any reason to get 10019, but I am going to upgrade anyway. May as well test all combinations.

BTW, the only application I have not reinstalled on the handheld is Treohelper.
    I did the upgrade and I have PRL 10018 and Firmware 1.21.

Why do some of us seem to have 10019 and others 10018?

Would it not be the same for everyone?
    What I want to know is if the PRL upgrade from 18 to 19 will cause a hard reset like the firmware update did. Answer that, and I'll look into getting the PRL from *2.
    Considering you can not do analog roaming, just what great benefit is the newer PRL providing? I still have the PRL that came in my Treo and heve never roamed - so I am just curious.

And like with the new firmware upgrade, my Treo works great, so I am not anxious to mess with it.
    Originally posted by JoeGuru
    Update:

I received a Treo from Handspring to test with. It does not have the problems I had with the old one. If anything, battery life seems to have improved a little. It is better at making and holding connections. Data throughput seems faster.

So they do seem to have found the cure for the problem.

More as it becomes available.
    Curious what OS & firmware versions is it? My curiosity is because I'd like to narrow down whether the issues are more in the OS or in the firmware.
    BTW, the only application I have not reinstalled on the handheld is Treohelper.
    I didn't install TreoHelper at first. But then after a few hours my upgraded Treo did the turbo drain. And the next day it did it a couple more times. So I had to put it back on, though I only have the one dropnet option enabled to get rid of the turbo drain. I don't have the phone off (no coverage) set because I want to see if I'll get an RBOD, which used to be very frequent. So far it's behaved itself and no RBOD for me.

Overall battery life is hard to tell. I get hit with a lot of red blink throughout the day and without my phone off option enabled it can cause quite a dent. Also I'm testing to see if my turbo drain setting can be relaxed a bit more. On the older OS if I didn't set it for 15 seconds, it would turbo drain on occasion (maybe every 2-3 days). So now I'm testing higher numbers, like 60 seconds etc and waiting until it turbo drains.

But I'm sure it's all dependent on external things too. Probably the reason I haven't RBOD and some of you have. I can remember a couple of days in the past when it would RBOD any time I lost signal for > 30 seconds, and then other days when it would recover.

Curious what OS & firmware versions is it? My curiosity is because I'd like to narrow down whether the issues are more in the OS or in the firmware.
    O/S is 3.5.2H6.2, Firmware is 1.21, PRL 10019.

Ran battery down 1/2 this afternoon. Usually I get turbo drain here at the house if I don't down the net. Do you set Treohelper to drop net after 10 seconds of no coverage?
    O/S is 3.5.2H6.2, Firmware is 1.21, PRL 10019.

Ran battery down 1/2 this afternoon. Usually I get turbo drain here at the house if I don't down the net. Do you set Treohelper to drop net after 10 seconds of no coverage?
    That's the version on the new working Treo they sent you? It's the same numbers as mine though.

Yes, what I use to control turbo drain is to set Drop net (no coverage) to something. I've got it set for 60 seconds right now. I used to set it for 15 seconds, or 30 seconds. Basically I started high and then went down until turbo drain went away. 30 seconds was okay but then I got a turbo drain one day out of the blue and so that's why I started using 15. So far on the new update I haven't had one at 60 seconds.

My guess is that turbo drain is a syndrome which occurs when it tries too hard to register a data connection once it comes back into coverage. It's that little doodad it sends out when you switch between voice/data, I think it runs amok sometimes. But it probably has something to do with the tower, such as the tower kicking you off of data after xxx seconds of missing signal.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I purchased my Treo 300 a month or so ago and prior to install is was PRL:19 and FIRN 1.02. I installed the update from Handspring EXACTLY as the directions stated with one exception. I took the advise of an earlier post and made sure the wireless web was turned off. Once complete I am now running PRL:18 (down from 19?) and FIRN 1.21. All of my programs, including Eudora, LauncherX, Mapopolis, Powerjog, 2BAnywhere, AvantGo and Xiino, were all restored perfectly.

Dialed *2, spoke to rep who set my account up for auto update. Called *2 again, updated to PRL: 19.

I use PDANet for internet access for my Laptop. A noticiable improvement there. For browsing on the Treo itself, I've now set my graphics at "High Color".

Lovin' the Treo
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    I use PDANet for internet access for my Laptop. A noticable improvement there.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've noticed a general improvement in connectivity since the update. PDANet connections are more reliable and I've had better network access in areas that would have caused problems in the past.
    Not that anyone care, but in the interest of maintaining good form, I wanted to post a while back that I was wrong about there not being a firmware update.

I am very glad to see HS is supporting the current version. Sprint, on the other hand, has a history of promising updates, and then there are none.

My bad...I eat my virtual hat.